Wednesday, May 9, 2007

sweet baby James


As my six-year-old brother, Jacob, often reminds me--James is an angel baby. And he really is. He never wakes up during the night more than twice. Last night he slept for 5 hours. Five uninterrupted hours of sleep (because William didn't wake up either! and the sounding tornado sirens couldn't even disturb my slumber). He rarely cries unless he is hungry and otherwise he has the cutest little squeaks and noises. I've noticed that he will let out a sympathetic cry when he hears his big brother crying. When James smiles his sweet smile at you nothing else really matters. He is also very obedient. In the NICU we kept telling him to do what the nurses told him so that he could come home. To everyone's surprise he progressed so quickly that he was able to come home the day that I was released. Also, when my mom explained to him that just because he was awake didn't mean that he needed to eat, he looked at her as if he was thinking, "really? alright if you say so." After that he was content to just look around. Oh I love my angel baby so much.

3 comments:

  1. We got James' birth announcement in the mail today. He IS so sweet! And thanks for the Nauvoo pictures too! Such fun memories! We need to do another trip like that someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I oh so love the quote at the top of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thanks for the announcement! I love the name James. And he is so cute.
    Nauvoo pictures? I need Nauvoo pictures! No pressure though :)

    ReplyDelete