A few weeks ago I wrote of listening to Colors and the memories it triggered. Well, my youngest sister, Rachelle, recently started her senior year of high school. And with the commencement of school comes with it the early mornings of seminary. Now, Rachelle is a superb student both in school and seminary (she is, of course, Mr. Phillips' scholar). This year though she doesn't mind waking up at the crack of dawn to make it to the church building because she gets to see the smiling face of Bro. Merrill--aka Ryan Merrill from Colors. She tells me that not only is he a great teacher but not too bad to look at either! She cracks me up. So there you have it... my little sister and her celebrity connection.Monday, September 10, 2007
Rachelle's celebrity connection
A few weeks ago I wrote of listening to Colors and the memories it triggered. Well, my youngest sister, Rachelle, recently started her senior year of high school. And with the commencement of school comes with it the early mornings of seminary. Now, Rachelle is a superb student both in school and seminary (she is, of course, Mr. Phillips' scholar). This year though she doesn't mind waking up at the crack of dawn to make it to the church building because she gets to see the smiling face of Bro. Merrill--aka Ryan Merrill from Colors. She tells me that not only is he a great teacher but not too bad to look at either! She cracks me up. So there you have it... my little sister and her celebrity connection.
Labels:
random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Funny thing...I was in Ryans ward forever. Him and his family are pretty good friends with mine. I had no idea he was in Colors.. I was never much of a fan. I went to a concert once on a date and was bored out of my mind!! Don't tell Ryan that!
ReplyDeletethat's pretty cool. I guess that's what happens when you live in so cal =) I love that picture of james on the guitar. that is super cute with daddy.
ReplyDeleteWhatever it takes to keep you awake, I guess! :)
ReplyDeleteSpencer (who likes Colors) and I were sure we saw Ryan last time we were in Corona. I guess that verifies it. Thanks.
ReplyDeletethat cracks me up! I remember when we were all in love with Colors.
ReplyDeleteTraci... you are Rich's new best friend! He does NOT like Colors. He was happy to hear that you weren't a fan either. He once went to a concert where a funk band opened. He loved it and thought "If the OPENING band is this awesome what's the next band going to be like?" Turns out it was colors, he hated it, and shortly left.
ReplyDeleteRachel... thanks! I think it's cute too. William loves to play as well. Maybe one day we'll have our own little band :)
Lindsay... yeah whatever works! I am LOVING reading about your adventures in New York!
Katie... glad I could confirm your suspicions.
Lori... ah yes. I guess it's good to know that there are still girls out there who do. Rachelle tells me that his little family is as perfect as they come--so at least she realizes that he's married :)
That's hilarious! I wonder if Russ ever got married. What a fun stage of life--I thoroughly enjoyed being a Mormon groupie, of sorts.
ReplyDelete