Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ice storm 2007

Really it should read "Ice Storm 2007--part 2." See, we already had Ice Storm 2007 at the very beginning of this year. Sunday we continued the saga though. Everything is covered in a nice coat of ice.
When something like this happens in Oklahoma everything comes to a halt. Church was cancelled on Sunday. Schools and businesses are closed. And this morning I was awakened by William's sobs of, "I want to watch Clifford." Nothing is more tragic than the power turning off your show in the morning. We are so lucky to have Rich's family nearby so that we have a warm place to spend our day (and night, if the power is still out).

16 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about this storm on the news here and every time I do I think of you guys. Sounds, um, like not too much fun. Stay safe and warm! I'm glad to hear you have a place to stay while your power is out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that looks yucky! I didn't know what ice storms were until I went I on my mission, but I definitely never saw anything quite that bad. Hope things warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.--I love the new William quote! True for all of us, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay... it's not too bad... unless you have no power :)
    Heather... yes, words from a 3 year old are often unexpectadley profound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about it on the news and thought about you. Glad you guys are trudging along and have a warm place to stay if you need it!

    PS I loved the William quote too! Tell him we're praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may sound weird, but I am jealous!! I LOVE storms like that!! I dont know what I am doing living in southern california!!! I hope you get your power back soon, on the radio today they said Oklahoma may be without power for 1 week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had an ice storm on Dec 23 three years ago. We were without power for 5 days and had to spend Parker's first Christmas in a hotel. I remember being beside myself, it was so frustrating. But Spencer and i were just taking about it this morning. And it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. The whole world seemed to be covered with 4 inches of crystal. Gorgeous. Good luck. I hope your power comes on soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so crazy Jeanine, i have never seen anything like that!Hopefully they get the power up and working soon! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jealous too! Sort of. Last year's ice storm prompted my dad to get my mom a battery operated space heater last year for Christmas...I'm sure it will come in handy, but I'm not exactly sure that's what she wanted to open Christmas morning...you might want to warn Rich...hope you get your cable back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you have power! What a crazy thing...I am appreciating mild California even more, now.

    Loved the post about William and Santa, too--Christmas is so much more fun with children around!

    Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Parker is way into maps this week. He wants to read the atlas for a bedtime story. Nice to know he's not the only three year old who keeps an atlas with his books.

    I don't know what jungle William was referring to, but at times, Parker refers to our house as a jungle...he came up with that on his own.

    Glad your power is on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jeanine! I didn't realize your ice storm was that bad. I've never seen a real ice storm in person, but by the look of your pictures it looks like it's a pretty bad one. I'm glad your power is back on too and that you had somewhere to go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It look so pretty, but very cold. Too bad we just can't have the weather without power outages. We went without hot water and heat last January for a day and night and that was pretty hard I can't imagine losing all power. I am glad your inlaws are close.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! that is crazy! i hope that that never happens here in CO. I get freaked out enough with just 3-4 inches of snow. im just a california girl i guess.

    ReplyDelete