Sunday, December 9, 2007

a visit with Santa

What child doesn't love Santa? The big white beard, the belly that shakes "like a bowl full of jelly," the reindeer, the toys. And he even gives you a candy cane or other such treat just for sitting on his lap and divulging your Christmas wish. Who wouldn't like this guy? Well, apparently William. Earlier this week we were with friends at the mall and stopped by to see the mall Santa. No problem. He got right on up there and told Santa what he wanted.

But last night at the ward Christmas party was a completely different story. No amount of coaxing could get this boy up on Santa's lap! His friends all did it... he didn't succumb to peer pressure. I even told him that Santa wouldn't know what to bring him... he didn't care. He wouldn't get within 5 feet of the jolly old fellow and would just cling onto me for dear life. James, on the other hand, had no problem. In fact, he was fascinated by Santa's beard.

Oh well. There's always next year...

9 comments:

  1. Or the one after that, or the one after that one. Lainey wouldn't sit with Santa either. She FREAKED out. We're going to see him again tomorrow at the library. We're crossing our fingers! Cute picture of James though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm totally with William on this one. Santa freaked me out from day 1. I'm still not a big fan, truth be told. So maybe next year he can just come sit on my lap instead and we'll console each other of our Santa fears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its seems that the second santa had a more intense beard, maybe that freaked him out a little bit.. it would me, I hate facial hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see it in person, but apparently none of the kids at our ward Christmas party wanted to sit on Santa's lap...I never had a problem with it as a kid though...I like presents too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe William's just mad that Santa's not at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I'm glad Lucy's not the only one who's feeling a little timid this season!

    Such fun Christmas pictures! Hope you guys are having a happy season! (are you traveling for Christmas?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. None of my kids have ever had a problem with Santa. Parker makes a mad dash towards him anytime he's in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie... oh no! At least William's not the only one.
    Lindsay... so funny that you're not a Santa fan! I'm sure your kids will appreciate it :)
    Traci... I hate facial hair too. (Although I think that the first Santa's beard was real).
    Amy Jean... I don't remember having a problem with Santa either. I can't believe none of the kids would sit on Santa's lap! Crazy!
    Heath... good thinking! I never thought of that!
    Lori... nope no traveling for us this year... kinda sad. Are you?
    Katie...I would love to see Parker running for Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your boys are too cute! i love that last picture of James on Santa's lap!

    ReplyDelete