Tuesday, June 2, 2009

the last two weeks

Warning: this post contains LOTS of pictures... and believe me, I cut back!

My mom was able to come out and help us out right after Alexander was born.
Alexander--6 days old

It was so great! She made wonderful meals every night (with dessert!), I never had to worry about dishes or laundry, and she had so many fun things for William and James to do.

It seems like every day (if it wasn't raining) she took the boys outside--on walks, in the yard, or to the park. (William even helped her find the park while we were still in the hospital--smart boy!)

She always had some kind of fun craft to work on!
She brought fun gifts. Like balloon cars.
And fuzzy socks.
Seriously, who knew that socks could be this much fun? The boys loved them.

And she acted out stories with them. At the park they reenacted The Three Billy Goats Gruff and The Three Little Pigs. At home we all did Caps For Sale. James was a great monkey.William had so much fun acting out stories that he had my mom help him make a bear mask so we could act out Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

James loved to snuggle up with Grandma and a good book.

For Memorial Day, Rich pulled out the pool. The boys had a great time splashing around.
And while James calls the pool his bath... Alex got his first real bath. And I was realizing... I think that my mom has given each of my boys their first bath!
Toward the end of her trip I ventured out to the park. It was a good thing because on the way home I saw that it was the annual Brisket at the Barn! I was glad that my mom got to experience one of our town events while she was here. William even informed us that he wasn't afraid of Chester the Clown anymore--and the boys loved getting their balloons from him. William also loved getting blue teeth from his sno-cone.

While we had someone to take pictures we attempted to get one of the whole Crane crew. That didn't work out so well.

Thanks Mom, for coming out here! We love you and can't wait to see you next month!

18 comments:

  1. Yeah for moms coming to the rescue! We definitely missed her when she left. You look great Jeanine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't moms wonderful!! I'm glad she helped out so much! Hopefully you got some rest in before she left! Alexander is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new baby! You are a brave woman with 3 boys! That is great! I love when moms come to visit. It reminds me of when my mom came right after Luke was born. You never stop being a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is so fantastic. No surprise where you get it from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for moms. I am a little worried that my mom isnt going to have much time with the new baby while she is here. Your mom is so great! I bet they just love her! and I love it that you will see her in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex is so adorable, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great mom! I can't get over how much James looks like William all of a sudden! Great family pics....sometimes those are the best kind because the are REAL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. Mom is the best. She takes care of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you got so much help from your mom. Moms are definitely great! Looks like your kids really had a lot of fun with her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mom! Especially when you have a new baby. It is so nice to have help especially with the older kids. It looks like your mom is just the same so prepared and so much fun. That is fun memories for your boys as well. I hope all is well in your house. I love the family pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute family you have. I love that picture of James with the floaty on trying to suck on the hose. haha! what a fun mom you have too. those are great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a blast. Helping my daughters after they have a baby is like a mini vacation for me. I talk about it so much that dad always wonders if I am useful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! You have the best mom! That is the most perfect thing any new mommy needs- I love it. Is she available to come help me when we have our next baby?!? Glad you got a chance to get out to the brisket at the barn. And really glad William isn't scared anymore. What a fantastic acting he must have done. Thanks for the great idea. Alex is adorable. I love his little bath!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mom is an angel!! I'm so glad she got to come and help you so much. Your little Alex is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mom sure is the greatest. She STILL talks about all the fun she had taking care of her grandbabies. Makes me kind of jealous...can I come back?

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! and I feel so special you're using my blanket. We can't wait to meet Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  17. We keep looking and looking at these! (Lucy loves the splish splash collage =)

    Your mom is wonderful - no wonder all of her daughters are too.

    Love you and think of you often! Hope your baby days are going well...such a tiring, tiring, sweet time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your little baby is so ADORABLE! It is all worth it! And what a great job your mom did. What would we do without our moms or our moms-in-law? I'm glad you are adjusting to 3 so well, it gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete