Friday, September 4, 2009

Hair....

I have been wanting to cut James' hair for a while now. He's at that stage though that he wants to assert his power and won't let me cut it. William has tried telling him, "It's fun James! And you get a lollipop after. And you get to watch a show!" Didn't even phase him.
Yesterday I saw an opportunity. He came up to me in the middle of the afternoon and wanted to take a bath. Ah ha! Some bargaining power! I informed him that he could only take a bath if he got his hair cut. It worked! And he actually sat still!
Before:
After:

Rich says that I cut off some of his cuteness... oh well. It will grow back.

9 comments:

  1. The cuteness is definitely still there!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think boys are even cuter with a good haircut. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instantly older. He's adorable. Does that phase ever end? Reid is the WORST. I make him go as long as possible between cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like such a big kid. I think Hannah looks so much older now with her hair short too. But like you said, it's just hair and it grows back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, I do like the shaggy haired James, but I guess if you don't get to cut it often you have to take advantage of it when you get the chance. We sure miss your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks so different. Very cute. I am seeing the advantage of having a girl. You don't have to cut their hair as often. I am also seeing the advantage of having a very bald boy. I'm sure Ethan won't have his first hair cut until he's James age. Olivia didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, you didn't cut off any cuteness! I love it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that was a lot of hair! It looks cute, I'm all about short hair on boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rich is right..you totally cut off his cuteness..he looks like a little man now.

    ReplyDelete