William and James wait to see Santa Claus
William, for the past several years, decided that he won't sit on Santa's lap. He doesn't even want to go near him. This year I wasn't going to push him. If it was going to be so traumatic for him I thought I'd give him a free pass this year. James, on the other hand, has been dying to talk with Santa. It's an ever present topic of conversation. BUT James won't go sit with the jolly old man if William doesn't. So, William and I had a little chat. "William," I told him, "you don't have to sit on Santa's lap. Just be a good big brother and stand next to James while he sits there because James really wants to talk to Santa." And William, being the great big brother that he is, agreed. We were all set to see Santa Claus at the ward party--and then missed him by just one minute! So we braved the crowds yesterday and took them to see the mall Santa. Rich was doubtful. He said there was no way that either of the boys would sit with Santa Claus.
James couldn't wait to tell Santa that he wanted a bike. And as it turned out, William decided he had better tell Santa what he wanted as well. And they sat and talked for quite a while actually.
Rich calls it our "Christmas miracle."

Hurray! I'm so glad. That is quite the Santa you have.
ReplyDeleteA real Christmas Miracle!! WAy to go boys!
ReplyDeletei still haven't taken my kids to see santa. derek keeps asking. we'll see how it goes.... i'm glad yours did so well. yay!
ReplyDeleteThat Santa is dressed kind of funny. I would have been too afraid to sit on his lap, so way to go to your boys.
ReplyDeleteCute! We braved the mall a few weeks ago and Megan would only stand by Santa too. At least she talked with him though, right?!
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh! A Christmas miracle indeed! (and I loved your Christmas song post - nodded all the way through!)
ReplyDeleteso cute. Luke was the same way... Dying to talk to santa. He thought if he didn't tell SAnta he wants a "mack jump racer" (race track) that he wouldn't get it and he just couldn't take that chance.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet!
ReplyDelete