Wednesday, January 6, 2010

adding some spice to January




I'm trying to stay out of a funk this January... but it is so darn cold right now!  We hung snowflakes in the kitchen which brighten things up a bit.  William tells me that it's snowing in the house.  (And you just can't go wrong when the snowflakes are 4 for 25 cents!)

On Monday, for Family Night, we went to Rich's company "Shoot the Tube" event down at the ballpark.  We didn't think we'd actually get the boys to get into the tubes--but they went over and over again!

This was the only decent picture that I got of the whole thing.  It was William's first time down.

That night was a frigid 28 degrees but that didn't stop the boys from having a blast.  (For the past two days, on the way to school, William talks about it the whole way.  He thinks we're going again sometime soon.)  Despite the warm (free!) food and hot chocolate my body never did warm up.  My toes were icicles! I think I'd actually agree with the boys though... it was fun.  I'd go again in a heartbeat.  But I think I'd dress a little warmer next time!

10 comments:

  1. Cute snowflakes...those would be perfect on my tree. What stores clearance isle did you find those from?

    And the tubing looks way past fun. We have plenty of snow for that, but no hills. Ohio is pretty flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowflakes are from Target.

    It's super flat here too... so that why they built these huge slides at the baseball stadium..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss the cold weather...I actually love living in the snow!

    love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to go snow tubing!! it was 76 here today. want to trade places for a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snowflakes in the kitchen. I bet that does brighten up a dreary January chilly day a bit.

    I am not envious of your weather at all though. I love January in Southern California.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to go! i don't have the cold as an excuse and I am still in a January funk...definitely am inspired to add some spice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snowflakes look beautiful!! I love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the snowflakes and love the price as well. It is perfect because when you take the Christmas decorations down, doesn't it feel so empty? Glad you discovered something to fill the void before Valentines day. What a fun place to go as well despite the cold- how fun!

    ReplyDelete