From there I took all 3 boys up to William's class. James sure loves to show off whenever we are in William's school. It was so hard to get a picture of these three. William thinks it's hilarious to turn away from the camera at the last minute to ruin a picture! It's really miraculous that he is looking at me!
Later that night we headed to the ward Halloween party/carnival/trunk-or-treat/chili and pie cookoff.
Alex/Spiderman, William/ninja, Henry/pumpkin, James/Batman
Funny story about William's costume. In the morning before school he donned the jawa {star wars} costume... but when I got to his class party he was telling people that he was a death eater {harry potter}. About 20 minutes before the ward party he informed me that he wanted to be a ninja. He described the costume in detail and wanted me to make it. I told him that even if I had the fabric I would need at least a day to make something like that (more like a week!) He threw a mini-fit and then left the room. Next thing I knew he was dressed in the jawa costume but had the hood pulled up over his mouth. He asked me if I could help him pin it in the back so that it would stay. I thought he was pretty clever to pull something together like that on his own!
And even though the pie that James and I made didn't win... I think James should win a prize for "most-interesting-way-to-eat-a-slice-of-pie."
As usual, my boys decided to change things up on Halloween night. I guess you can do that when you have a hamper filled with costumes.
Henry/pumpkin, William/ninja, James/dracula, Alex/Batman
Because what is better than playing on the playground in costumes at night? For these boys, not much!
In other happenings of the weekend: The boys were in the Sacrament meeting program. It was James' first time and he did awesome. I think he stole the show when he got up to say his part. And for William it was the first time he didn't freeze up... he said his memorized part without reading or getting help from the leader. He gets major stage fright so this was a huge step! For some reason he didn't want me to see him though because he kept hiding behind people during the songs... little stinker!
Also, on Halloween day we welcomed our newest little niece, Layla Marie, into the world! Congrats Catie and Tim!

Yeah! I've been waiting for a post. Love all the costumes. That's nice that your younger boys can come with you to the school parties. And I'm surprised that your pie didn't win. What kind did you make?
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize that Catie's baby was born on Halloween. I would hate that.
(Sorry I keep missing your phone calls. You keep calling me before I'm home from church.)
Congratulations on your new niece! I don't think I would much like to share my birthday with Halloween either though. I'm glad your boys had so much fun with their costumes.
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see your Halloween! And I loved hearing about the Primary Program! Good for your boys!!
ReplyDeleteI think my favorite is Henry in the pumpkin costume--what a sweet little baby he seems to be!
ReplyDelete