Sunday, July 14, 2013

Independence Day

I've noticed a funny thing around here.  The big fireworks show is the day before the Fourth of July.  Weird.  We decided to watch the show from the Target parking lot... so we grabbed some treats beforehand (and some poppers) and settled in.



It started raining but the show went on.


We had a patriotic dinner on the Fourth and since the boys were up so late watching fireworks the night before we did our Fourth of July sparklers before it was too dark.  The boys had so much fun...


Especially Henry.




I was especially grateful for the patriotic family home evening program put on by our bishop's family that week to remind us of the great country that we live in and the real reason we celebrate our independence.

5 comments:

  1. Look at Henry so brave with the fireworks! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, he was a little TOO brave with them! It made me a little nervous. He kept trying to grab the sparkling part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanine - looks like such a fun 4th! Read that you are moving to Vegas! Hope things go well. We were in Vegas just a couple of days ago on our way home from Utah. I have heard that there is a very good, strong LDS community there, and of course, there is the temple, so I hope things work out well. It will be a little hotter, but less humid than where you are now. I started a new blog after some security issues with the old one. Feel free to visit, comment and follow if you would like. I am trying to let everyone I enjoy reading in "blogland" know. We just spent some time with Tiffany and family so there are pictures of her sweet family up there now.
    http://www.dayinthelife2013.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful 4th of July. I sure enjoyed the 4th of July I got to spend with you two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henry's face! I think I am in love with that little boy.

    ReplyDelete