Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wolf

The cub scout program here is great.  I love that William can have his den meetings right after school.  They all meet at the park and walk or ride bikes together over to the den leader's home.

Thursday night William had a Pack Meeting at the park next to our school.  Rich was out of town so I took all of the boys. It was nice because the little boys could play on the playground while William and I participated in the meeting.  That night the scouts did a service by picking up trash around the park (and two dead pigeons?!  But seriously there are so  many pigeons around here!) 



 Then we sat down for awards.  This is my first Pack Meeting since moving to Vegas.  Rich usually goes while I put the other boys to bed.  They have a lot of fun traditions in this Pack--songs for everything and fun ways to welcome the scouts.


 This night was extra special because William was awarded his Wolf!  He has worked really hard to meet all the requirements before turning 9 next month.



After William had given me my Wolf pin all the boys howled for William.   I'm glad that William loves scouts.  He has developed great friendships, habits, and skills through the cub scouting program!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe we are old enough to have the 'mom getting a pin from her cub scout' pictures! So cute!!! -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think that's so nice he has scouts right after school and you don't even have to take him. There are definitely some advantages to living out west.

    ReplyDelete