The boys really liked climbing up the rocks. Henry probably told us 100 times, "I'm a good rock climber!" And he was! He was our happiest hiker the entire way.
William really liked these little cave formations in the rock.
There were a lot of people on the trail that afternoon (probably because it was a gorgeous day) but not many children. Several of the hikers commented that our boys were such great hikers.
There were a few pools of water along the way. Alex found what looked to be some tadpoles.
And William found a few lizards as well.
Lydia did great but started getting fussy because she was tired and hungry so we stopped in this cool shady spot to quickly feed her and have a little snack.
We climbed up just a little bit higher for a spectacular view.
One of the other hikers offered to take a picture with me in it as well... proof that Lydia and I were there!
A couple of these same hikers told us how impressed they were with our little "mountain goats." Soon after that comment though the boys decided that they were "dying" right there on the rocks.
William was a great leader and made sure that the paths were safe to go down before heading down them. And even though we had a few spills (I think Henry fell 20 times!) everyone was tough and kept on hiking.
The boys even made a few trail markers along the path.
The boys really were excellent hikers. I think this is the best hike we've been on since we've had kids! Rich didn't have to carry a single boy.
I'm grateful that although we live in a big city we have places like this nearby where we can get out and enjoy Heavenly Father's beautiful creations!

What beautiful scenery! That looks like a great hike!
ReplyDelete