Since there is a park/splash pad next to the school every class gets to take a field trip there at the end of the year.
Alex wanted pictures with his friends.
I barely missed James's class... I got there toward the end just to see them walking back to school. Bummer! And William didn't want anything to do with pictures... just wanted to play football.
The end of the year is also full of long awards assemblies. All of the boys did really well this year. There was a special assembly for all the 5th graders who earned the Great American award.
I think William likes earning these awards because it means he's first in line for cake!
Alexander earned Exemplary Citizenship, Outstanding Academic Excellence, Straight A Honor Roll, earned 200% of his Accelerated Reader goal, and was awarded the Good Character Trailblazer of the Month. With the last award his teacher wrote, "Alex has been selected as Trailblazer of the month because he has shown how to be a problem solver. He is flexible when our schedule changes and is able to help others in math and reading. He uses his problem solving skills when we complete our math sheets. Way to go Alex!"
William earned the A/B Honor Roll this year.
I was glad to see that they didn't do a "promotion ceremony" for the 5th graders. (Although I was surprised at how many parents were there with balloons, flowers, and stuffed animals!) It was fun to see the slideshow that was put together for them though.
I let Henry take pictures with my phone during the assemblies to keep him busy. I ended up with a lot of fun selfies.
And we all felt like this by the end of all the assemblies.
William was able to go to SeaCamp in San Diego. I need to have him write a post about all the fun things he was able to do. It was a little scary sending him out on his own for 3 whole days! He had a great time but we sure missed him at home! (I kept thinking that it was just a little taste of what it will be like when he leaves on his mission.)
And then finally it was summertime! Hooray!

Your boys have all had a great school year . It is fun to see the end of the year activities and awards. Good job.
ReplyDelete