Monday, April 30, 2007

grateful lists

When I look back in my journal one of my favorite things to re-read is the grateful list from my fun-filled days at Southridge. I love trying to remember who wrote each entry and all the memories that it brings to the surface. Things like "we don't have a hole in our ceiling" or "snow toilets" or "reading The Little Prince with roommates" or "Tanya who always remembers apartment prayer" or "dinners you don't have to make" all make me smile. For a few nights now as I'm going through the frustrating process of putting William to sleep I have thought that I should start a grateful list of my own. Maybe it will give me something to smile about as I am in William's room for another hour tonight and he asks once again for "mo milk pweeze!" I hope that Lori doesn't mind me taking the idea from her blog!

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny that you're reminiscing about the old days... Brandon and I just talked for hours and hours the other night about Southridge and all our friends! We had so much fun that year, I always read over my journal entries from that time with a big smile. I'm still so grateful for all of my awesome roommates and all the fun we had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! We love to reminisce about Southridge days! i'm so glad you still have the grateful list, Jeanine!!
    Tanya, what are you guys up to??!

    ReplyDelete