Thursday, April 26, 2007

...W, X, Y and Z

Well, while my 2 year-old naps and my infant views the world from his place on the floor I thought I would begin my first entry. I am new to this whole blog thing but I thought that I would give it a try. I have been awful at keeping a journal lately and thought this might be a little easier. I haven't even written about the birth of my second son yet! (Shame on me.) I'm not as wonderful of writer as my husband or even my friends but I'll give it a shot.

I have to say that William amazes me everyday. Just yesterday as I was feeding James, William was in the corner playing with his toys and talking to himself. All of a sudden I realized that he was singing "W, X, Y and Z." Maybe I'm a bad mother but I haven't taught him the ABC song yet. So I asked him where he learned that song. "Big Bird sing it," he replied. It's amazing what kids pick up on... tv can't be all that bad.


William LOVES his new little brother. He is always hugging, kissing, or singing to him and telling me that he is a big brother now. It's sweet but sometimes James gets a little too much loving. He is also very protective of his baby brother. On the plane to California for my sister's wedding he even told the stewardess--sorry, flight attendant--"no lady, no look at James!" He doesn't even want other people to hold James.


Today we went to the neurologist for James. When he was born he had a seizure due to lack of oxygen from a prolapsed umbilical cord and a traumatic birth (we'll save that for a whole other entry for those of you with weak stomachs). He's been on phenobarbital for the last 5 weeks and I've been dying to wean him off already. Today we got the go-ahead and the doc was so impressed at James' improvement that we don't even have to go for a follow-up visit! YEA!!! James is such a good baby--he just eats and sleeps. Most people think we're crazy because "that's what babies are supposed to do". Well, they never had a "William baby". Although because I did have a "high maintenance" child first I think I can more fully appreciate a baby like James. In fact, I think that William wakes up more than James at night. Fun stuff.
Well, William is now awake so I had better wrap this up. Hopefully there will be more to write from my run-of-the-mill everyday life.

6 comments:

  1. Jeanine! This is so great! What a beautiful glimpse into your world! I'm so glad to hear about James's progress - and William's "No lady look at James" story is my favorite! Keep writing posts! I love it (and you are a much much better writer than you claim to be - I enjoyed that thoroughly!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Can I but a link to your blog on my link list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lori... of course you can put a link on your blog. can I put yours on mine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a hot wife! Love, Rich

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was for Jeanine. I can't figure out how to post my own comment! RICH

    ReplyDelete