Man, I haven't posted in a while. I feel like I have had ADD all week. Probably because I should be preparing my talk for our upcoming Standard's Night and I haven't. Have you ever felt like that? I know that I need to be prepping but at the same time I can think of a thousand other things that need to be done right now. Anyway... I pounded out a pretty good rough draft last night so I feel like I can sit and type for a second.
William loves baseball. If we tell him that we're going to the "baseball place" it's almost like Christmas for him! He gets so excited and can't stop talking about it all day. Before we can even leave the house William makes sure we all have our baseball hats. Rich, being the baseball fan that he is relishes these moments. So whenever we get the chance to go (read get free tickets) we seize the opportunity. Tuesday was one of those days. William had a blast playing on the playground and making new friends, watching baseball (briefly) with Rich, and looking for the mascot. I was watching William play on the playground and turned to look at James for a brief minute (does this sound familiar?). I looked up just in time to see William rounding the corner of a nearby building! James and I ran as fast as we could, and when we caught up to him he told me that he was just going to watch the baseball game! He was pretty upset that I wouldn't let him go over there by himself. We hade a night of baseball fun and afterwards we stopped at Braum's for some ice cream cones... who doesn't love ice cream?

Another favorite thing of William's (and Rich's) lately is X-men. One morning I woke up and William told me all about how dad had given him his "X-men book". He loves to read it and the other day he read it to James. These are sights that I love to see.
However, the other day I left William and James reading on the couch and the next thing I hear is screaming. I peak around the corner and James is no longer on the couch but on the ground! William later came up to me and said meekly "Saw-we I hurt James's fee-wings." Sweet... but you hurt more than feelings I believe! James is a good sport though and puts up with the abuse.
However, the other day I left William and James reading on the couch and the next thing I hear is screaming. I peak around the corner and James is no longer on the couch but on the ground! William later came up to me and said meekly "Saw-we I hurt James's fee-wings." Sweet... but you hurt more than feelings I believe! James is a good sport though and puts up with the abuse.
And while I'm thinking of William-isms... Occasionally Rich will load William into the jogging stroller and take him on a ride. They always have adventures on their runs and so when they returned home from a brisk jog last Saturday morning I asked "How was your run?" to which William replied, "dang good". Ha! And then yesterday after James' doctor's visit (which went well... he's in 80th percentile for height and 50th for weight and head) William tripped on the way to the car. He was really more concerned about his spiderman sticker than the fact that he fell. As we got in the car I asked if he was alright to which he exclaimed "Yeah, but I just got pust-uh-wated (frustrated.)" (I guess he's heard mom say that one too many times.)

I bought these bath toys for him last week. Every night at the end of bath time he lines these sea creatures

cute post. william is a funny boy. I am not yet to the stage where Luke can run so I am relishing the fact that he can't get anywhere fast. I know it is just around the corner. and multiple kids, I dont even want to think about keeping track with several. ahhh!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute boys you have! I love it when kids start taking, they same some pretty great stuff!
ReplyDeleteCute pics... your two boys really look a lot alike!
ReplyDeleteYou certainly have some avid blog readers...me obviously included. The minute you publish a post you have 4 comments. And if you leave a post up for a week you get something like 18. You're a well liked woman.
ReplyDeleteI like reading your blog. William is such a funny boy. I can't wait to see him again. By the way...you inspired Austin and I to start a blog. I'll let you know what it is when it's officially up. We're working on the name right now.
ReplyDeleteHe is too cute. I can't wait for Tyson to start talking. I love the bath toy organization. That is great!
ReplyDeleteLove it, Jeanine! Williamisms make me so happy and remind me of Lucy so much! I love those baseball pictures! ANd I love the bath toys...so funny!
ReplyDeleteUm just read my comment again and what I meant to say was, "I love it when kids start talking, they say some pretty great stuff."
ReplyDeleteWhat was wrong with me that day?? Oh dear!
I might need to get those bath toys or something similar. Bath time is turning into boring time for Reagan...already!
ReplyDeleteOh what fun stories of the boys. Being puhstawated is hard. Certainly. Jacob had a big spill off the couch the other day too. I guess I can't leave him there any more. Luckily he doesn't mind the floor. Josh continues to ask if William is coming over to play. Hopefully we can get together soon!
ReplyDeletefor the record, I love your pics of the week!!!
ReplyDeletewow...11 comments before me...proof that you indeed have adorable boys! I love the frustrated story!
ReplyDeleteI can't wair for Megan to start talking and saying funny things. Your William has lots of personality. Too cute!
ReplyDelete