Tuesday, September 11, 2007

joyously james


Now that we have all recovered from our various illnesses I can give James a little more attention--both personally and in the blogisphere. I think the poor baby has been feeling neglected. He was so good while we were all dying but now seems to need lots of attention! (I think he's teething which may have something to do with it!) But other than a little extra fussiness he is still our happy, happy baby. He has grown up a ton in the past month or so. Here's what our little James has been up to:
*He has been eating cereal like a pro

*(He eats his toes as well)
*He's moved from mom and dad's room into William's room... and all parties seem to be adjusting well
*At 5 months he's already getting too long for his 6-9 month jammies
*He loves to roll onto his tummy (and just today decided that rolling all over the room would be a fun thing too.)
*He thinks that jumping is lots of fun!
*He's great bubble blower
*He's got cute curly hair
*And he LOVES his brother!
Yesterday we went to Target to hang out for a while (and because William want to "look at toys"). We stopped to play with the puppets for a little bit and not only did William have a good time but James thought it was hillarious! I wish I could have captured his laughter so that you could hear it. (William is wonderful at getting James to laugh.) I can't say enough how I love this sweet, joyful, little baby. I love to listen to his sweet coos and watch as he learns new things every day.

9 comments:

  1. Hi!! OK So this world gets even smaller...After your post on my blog, I decided to look around your friends' blogs to see if I recognized anyone there. I didn't, but when I went to Rachel and Dan's page, some of our very good friends, Regan and Miranda are on their page! Too funny!
    Carrie is actually my husband's first cousin. Thanks for stopping by my page, your boys are ADORable and I love the guitar pic. Come visit my page anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...And Jessica's husband Brian was in the freshman dorms with my husband at BYU, so they stayed friends post-mission and our families hung out while we lived in Provo. So, that's you guys, the Stucki's, the Millers, the Guths(Regan and Miranda), and us!! 5 different LDS families...cue twilight zone theme...doo doo doo doo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your boys are adorable!! Funny that megan knows Miranda. It is miranda Besaw from freshman ward. small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan... thanks for stopping by. Turns out that I know Miranda too--she was in my freshman ward! What a small, small world!
    Rachel... I didn't realize that Miranda had a blog.. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun little boy you have on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanine, what a sweet boy. My mom always said #2 was the hardest for her, but I love my #2 TONS!!! I would say I love him the most, but to admit it out loud would be mother suicide, so I'll just say there are moments, and lots of them, where he is easier to love than his sister. Yeah for sweet, calm, fun, lovable boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love James! Those pictures are classic! I'm so glad he's such a good baby!

    And my friend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sad I missed you over the phone - but it was fun to talk to Rich for a half of a second!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you do that picture slide show? I loved it! He is indeed a cute baby, and I really want to come see him someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsay... you have an adorable little boy on your hands as well! I hope that he's still sleeping well.

    Carrie... you're too funny! It's easier a lot of the time to love James more--mostly because he doesn't defy me and get himself into trouble. My mom always said that two was easier than one because they could entertain each other (instead of her doing all the entertaining). Of course I was #1 and Amy was the angel #2 baby... so that could have something to do with it as well.

    Lori... I'm so so so sad that I missed your call today! Thanks for the birthday wishes... we'll have to talk soon!

    Heather... I think you SHOULD come see him (and me) someday! The slide thing is easy too... just go to slide.com.

    ReplyDelete