Today I awoke--not to the crying of a baby or the whining of "mom I want to watch a show" and the attempt to pry open my eyes--but instead to the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls and pleasant voices saying "Happy Birthday!" Yes, today I am 26. Rachelle tells me I'm so old but so far 26 has been pretty dang good.The morning was pretty laid back and relaxing. When Rich came home at lunch I opened the presents that have been sitting on my dresser, begging to be opened. And what did I do next? Well, I don't really recall but I do know that William played by himself and James took an extra long nap. The best presents I could ask for from them! I enjoyed all the phone calls and emails and cards remembering my birthday. Thank you! Rich came home a little early to make dinner so I snuck out and got a nice massage (my present from mother's day that I had not yet used). It was so relaxing that I almost fell asleep. And upon returning home I found a delicious dinner waiting for me--tender, juicy steak, mashed potatoes and corn. YUM. Of course we had dessert too... cake with homemade chocolate frosting and candles shaped in 2-6. And what party would be complete without party hats and balloons? (The other day William told me that on my birthday we'd have balloons and everyone would wear party hats "and James will have a small party hat." So Rich made sure it happened). Rich pulled off a pretty amazing birthday for me... he's pretty amazing.

Any day that begins with breakfast in bed has got to be good, right?

Happy Birthday! My Kennedy turns two on Friday so we are in birthday mode around here as well. Thanks for the comment. Of course I remember you, in fact I have looked at your blog a couple of times from Rachel's as well. Your boys are super cute. I love blogging because it is so fun to see what people are up to and be able to keep in touch better.
ReplyDeleteHappy B-day!! You are sooooo old!! J/K..I'll be there soon enough!!
ReplyDeleteYea for fun birthdays!! I'm so glad you had fun! Lucy and I talked about you throughout the day :) (And we talked quite a bit about William. You two are associated in her mind)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the picture of you and William blowing out candles!
Miss you, friend! Glad you had a happy birthday!
What a great birthday. I'm glad Rich takes care of you so well. You can tell him thanks from me.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Jeanine!!! I agree, longs naps are the best present a mom could ask for ;)
ReplyDeleteDang! i have 3 b-days to remember on the 12th.. that should make it easier right? Happy Birthday. I wish i could say I remembered on my own but you know I love you anyways... i check your blog religiously, that should count for something =)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such a lovely birthday! m
ReplyDeleteI think our boys must share a few personality traits. Parker wakes me every morning begging to watch a "kid show." And, he insisted on Party hats, streamers, and balloons for my birthday, too. Our husbands must share a few traits, too. I woke up to homemade muffins and had a homemade cake that night.
ReplyDeleteI, however, did not eat breakfast in bed. But PArker decided to share his toys with me first thing in the morning. He remembered it was my birthday and came jumping on my bed with a bag full of toys which he not so gently dumped all over the bed to share them with me for my birthday.
Kids don't seem to care whose birthday it is...they just love that it's a birthday. Mine was just as fun for PArker as was his own.
Happy Birthday, my friend! Glad you had a good day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday! I cannot believe I didn't have it written on my calendar...I hereby repent. Love to you friend!
ReplyDeleteHey! Happy birthday, Jeanine!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! Its really you! And its your birthday! well a little late, but I hope it was a good one! Its heidi (holmes) Shirley. I love it that i have found you on here! Its FANTASTIC!! Hope things continue to go well! im off to find more corona people!
ReplyDeleteHI! And happy late birthday! This is so fun, i am glad you & Traci found me! Now we can keep in touch. Looks like things are going well for you! Very Cute Family.
ReplyDeleteHey Jeanine! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so sorry that I forgot- but I don't think I ever knew. It was also my old roommates birthday. At least your birthday wasn't 9/11. It sounds like you had the perfect day. You totally deserve it. 26 feels old to me. I loved being 25- but there really is no difference. Anyway. Happy birthday again!!
ReplyDeleteHappy happy birthday! It sounds like it was absolutely perfect! I can't believe you're even older than I am, and I am starting to feel old!:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I am glad that your birthday was so wonderful! It sounds like fun! And I definitely don't think 26 makes you very old...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Its fun to see what's been happening in your life the past 7 years. I'll keep checking!
ReplyDeleteBo-Neeners!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I found your blog and you found mine. Your 2 boys are adorbale. How old is James? Him and Megan look like they are close in age. Glad you had a super birthday.