Really, there were only 2. Technically they were toads.... but you get the point.
William and I were in the front yard weeding yesterday and as I dug in the dirt I unburied two toads! They startled me a little bit when they jumped out but William had a great time telling me the play-by-play of everything they were doing. And as we were out Rich finished up his run and brought us a surprise--
a little tiny turtle he had found in the road. William named the turtle "William." We had to protect poor William the turtle from James who just wanted to throw him around.
a little tiny turtle he had found in the road. William named the turtle "William." We had to protect poor William the turtle from James who just wanted to throw him around.Later on we decided to take the boys out to Express (Rich's work) and let them feed the geese. It was fun to see the little babies!

We had such a fun (and exhausting) day with all the local wildlife!

First of all...disgusting. Second of all...our toad was like 5 times that size. I can't believe your entire reaction was...it startled me a little. I ran screaming into t he house and slammed the door behind me. I didn't step foot in the garage for three days until Spencer found it yesterday and got it out of there. I think my boys want to like the toads, but I've scared them a little. It's best that way. I don't want them bringing them in the house.
ReplyDeleteby the way...LOVE that he named it william.
ReplyDeleteall the little things in life!! So fun to watch what they think. I love your post about being a mome! I bet you are amazing.
ReplyDeleteKatie... I can't believe that your toad was so huge! The ones we saw on Saturday were the biggest I've seen. Most of our are little bitty things. Toads don't bother me... maybe they would if they invaded my house. As long as they are outside we're cool.
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way, "five little speckled frogs" always reminds me of when we changed the words, made a cake and sang "Zac is employee of the month" at Dairy Queen.
That's fun that you have baby geese. I wish we would get some baby ducks. We'll see. Did you keep the turtle??
ReplyDeleteI totally thought about keeping the turtle. I was even telling William about Tim the turtle that we had. I started weeding again though and when we looked back the turtle was gone! Oh well.
ReplyDeleteWe love finding frogs! (They beat snakes anyday) but a turtle!! Wow! That is so neat. I'm glad that William liked William.
ReplyDeleteI definitely haven't forgotten our little employee of the month display at DQ, but I forgot that's the tune we used. Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous. My kids would love frogs and a turtle. Heck, I would too! Very cool!
ReplyDeleteoh! What good times! I love how FASCINATING living things are to children. It makes me appreciate them more too. (William the turtle is C U T E!)
ReplyDeleteI can hardly wait to see your boys. Jacob and I keep trying to find tadpoles to grow into frogs but we can't find the tadpoles any place. (I finally figured out how to comment! Yeah!!)
ReplyDeleteHow fun I LOVE Toads!!! I've been packing today and all I've found has been a half a dozen spiders and what looked like a little scorpion, I'd much prefer toads.
ReplyDeleteMom, I'm glad that Elise showed you how to comment! Yea!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous about the turtle!! I want a turtle so bad and always have. Nicole robertson gave me one of her turtles once...actually it was a really big tortoise-like turtle. and it didnt eat veggies, it ate snails..GROSS!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE turtles! My father in-law has a turtle farm.. well thats what we call it.. he has anywhere from 15-20 turtles and some are HUGE and some are SMALL.. i love them- he keeps teasing that i am going to inherit all of them. Make sure your boys wash there hands good after handling that turtle...they can carry salmonella.. my father in law is always on our case about that.
ReplyDelete