Yesterday I took James to get his 1-year pictures. I'm a pretty big slacker at getting my boys pictures taken... but I do manage to get a 1-year picture. I set up the appointment for right after his nap in hopes that he'd be in a spectacularly good mood. Didn't really work out like that. He just wanted to make "his face" (see picture to the right) the whole time. And I swear this boy does not hold still for a single minute! We managed to get a few pictures of him not making his face. The thing is this: I totally expected a repeat of taking William to get his pictures taken at 1 year. He had a blast and we had so many cute pictures that it was impossible to choose just one!
Here are some fun facts about James while we are focused on him:
*He is a little scavenger... he wants to eat whatever anyone else is eating.
*At his one year doctor appointment he was in 50% for height and 25% for weight.
*He thinks he is a big boy and wants to do whatever William does.
*If we were ever to lose his blue blankie we'd be in HUGE trouble.
*He loves to dig in the trash... much to my dismay.
*He has fallen/tripped/been pushed more than any kid I know. It doesn't phase him at all... he just gets up and keeps on going.
*He's never watched more than 5 minutes of a show (and that's when he was sick) because he just won't hold still.
*He loves cars... he can turn anything into a car.
*He also loves phones... anything that's not turned into a car is probably turned into a phone.
*He knows that he is the cutest thing ever.
*Recently, he's turned into a daddy's boy.
*He has no fear. Nothing will stop him from doing what he thinks is fun.

James' picture turned out very cute. Did you go to Portrait Innovations? I'm glad you got a least a few good ones. I can't wait for Olivia's pictures next month.
ReplyDeleteYeah, we went to Portrait Innovations. I love that I get the pictures right then and they don't pressure me to buy more! I can't wait for Olivia's pictures!
ReplyDeleteI think you should print some with "his face". You'll laugh for years to come!
ReplyDeleteOh and, where have I been--Amy and Jeff have a blog?
i love "His face" i totally agree with heath print a few, you will love them later!!
ReplyDeleteMy kids are blanket boys, too. And if you want to see a kid that trips more, just spend 5 minutes with Reid.
ReplyDeleteI'm bad about pictures, too. I don't get it, I LOVE pictures. Gray is overdue for his 6 month pictures. In fact, I have NEVER taken him to get pictures.
The picture turned out great! I love his happy little face.
I L O V E the picture!!! And I'm sure the "face" pictures are so cute too!
ReplyDeleteThat pic is sooooo cute!! he really is adorable!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute picture!!
ReplyDeletelove the pics! esp. the face one!
ReplyDeleteSo darling!!! I'll have to try Portrait Innovations... they have one here.
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute!!! What a good picture. Don't worry you are not a slacker. I'm the slacker. Hunter is 3 now and I haven't taken pictures since 1 yr. Abree is 4 1/2 months and yet to get pictures taken. I have every intentions of doing it and then it just doesn't happen. Oh well! Hopefully soon.
ReplyDeletePS You are on for boxing. I've been practicing.
Oh yes. We're totally printing some of "the face" pictures that I have taken. We have to have proof that he was such a crazy.
ReplyDeleteCarrie... Portrait Innovations is the way to go. They have a great deal (that I think you can get every 3 months) where, for $9.95, you get 1-10x13, 2-8x10, 4-5x7, 4-3x5, 32-wallets, and 6 greeting cards. Crazy good deal huh?
Crystal... challenge accepted! I'm the wii boxing champ!
You are one cute mom! I love all the things you write about your boys! I need to be better at that. J just had his year check up today. I still have to make an appointment to get his 1 year photo. It will be his first professional picture. I figure I take enough of him myself. Anyway, GREAT post MOM!
ReplyDeleteJames is so stink'n cute! I can't wait to see him this summer.
ReplyDeleteCute fun facts! He seems like such a sweet baby boy! And I may be wrong, but I totally think that he looks like you. Does william look more like Rich? It gives me hope that maybe our next kiddo will resemble me in some way.
ReplyDeleteMegg... my mom says that James looks just like me. William and James are both a really good mix of Rich and I but William looks a little more like Rich and James a little more like me. I'll have to post baby pictures of Rich and I sometime.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable picture!! It turned out really cute! He is getting so big. I love everything you write down about your kids too... hopefully they will enjoy that when they get older.
ReplyDeleteOoh thanks for the delete icon tips Jeanine! You gots blog smarts. :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't get accepted to Teach for America, a program I was set on doing but I think for all the wrong reasons. So... I am at peace.