Sunday, November 30, 2008

thanksgiving weekend

We had a wonderful, long weekend. I love it when Rich has time off! Wednesday Rich took off early from work and the two of us went to a movie (we saw Twilight). It was a fun start to the weekend.


Thursday was full of football, baseball, family, friends, food, and fun. I made pies in the morning (with one tragedy involving lots of glass breaking all over the kitchen). James was a big helper.
The boys loved playing outside at Grandma's house.

They got so dirty that they had to take baths before we even ate!


On Friday we avoided all stores and instead took the boys up to the high school baseball field.
James and Rich in the batting cage.
William thought it was so cool to play on a big field!
William playing on the big field!
I think he could play baseball forever! I tried to get some pictures of William's rosy cheeks but he wouldn't hear of it... this is the best I got. James, on the other hand, sat down to pose for me.


Saturday, while I was out, Rich and William finally carved our pumpkin! Laugh if you must but we couldn't let a perfectly good pumpkin go to waste without consuming it's seeds (that are roasting as I type.) We also ventured to one of our traditional holiday spots--North Pole City. The boys were in awe of the Christmas wonderland that surrounded them.
And this morning they awoke to a house decorated for the season. Tomorrow we'll tackle the tree.

8 comments:

  1. Yay for relaxing 4 day weekends. I am with you, for the first time in a long time, no Black Friday. It was so great to do other things. Your boys are so fun and cute. It is wonderful to have those memories of helping in the kitchen for making holiday memories. Keep up the good work momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun 4 day weekend! I especially love that you carved a Halloween punmpkin.. now that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you guys had such a fun weekend! That is great that you carved your pumpkin. We carved ours and roasted the seeds as well, only we carved a turkey in ours for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun... Love these holidays, all we have to do is cook, and play, and take pictures. although I didnt take a single picture of our thanksgiving. Im a little sad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Love all the pictures you posted, as I didnt take any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I am so jealous that you are outside without coats. I think I'll cry.

    How do you roast your pumpkin seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I coat the seeds with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. Then we stick them in the oven at 400 and just keep checking on them until they are done...
    Oh. and check back later today... I'm trying to get a video to load on this post and it's taking FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a delightful holiday!! The pictures are perfect - so thanksgivingish!

    ReplyDelete