Friday, March 20, 2009

jamesy anson

Two years ago you joined our family.
And a year ago you were already making messes.

And today you are TWO!!!
Ever since we told you what two-year-olds do, you've been trying your best to do them. You've been eating so much better and last night you didn't wake up once! You keep telling us, "TWO!" I think you're excited to be a big boy like your brother. You want to do everything that he does. And just so I don't forget, here are some other things you love to do lately:
*Skipping... sometimes when you run you have an extra little skip. It's so cute.
*Whistling... you love to do it especially when William is.
*Jabbering... lately you've been "talking" up a storm. Most of the time I can't understand what you are saying except for a word or two. The other day when you came to tell on William you told me "yellow ball"... and sure enough, that's what he had taken from you.
*Rolling hands... you love to roll your hands and say "round and round" so that we'll sing "The Wheels on the Bus." In fact you are getting good at all the actions to that song. You love to sing about the baby and the mommy the best though. It's fun to see you say "shh! shh! shh!"
*You love babies
*You know what you want. You are so particular whether it be food, songs, or movies--you let it be known your opinion.
*Reading books... all of a sudden you've taken an interest in books. You love to read them over and over again! One of your favorites is "Goodnight Moon"... you love to look for the little mouse.
*Singing... you love "The Wheels on the Bus," "Old McDonald" (which you request for Dad to sing when you take a bath), "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam," "Jingle Bells," "Once There Was a Snowman," and "Popcorn Popping." You also love to get out the xylophone and while banging on it sing "e-i-e-i-o" again and again.
*Shrugging your shoulders... I don't know where you learned this but I think it's adorable!
*William told me the other day, "James likes to beat me up." And it's true. You love to rough house with William.
*Helping... you love to be given a task to do--and you're very willing to help out with whatever we are doing.
*Cooking... you especially love to help in the kitchen!
*Obeying... for as crazy and mischievous as you are you are surprisingly obedient!
Happy Birthday James!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, 2 years old! What a cutie. And that's such a great idea, telling them what a 2-year old gets to do. I'll have to tuck that one away in parenting file (the one in my brain that doesn't seem to work too well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to James. He is so cute. It's darling that he wants to be big like William.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! happy birthday to James..he seems like a sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday James! I can't believe he's two. It seemed like Olivia just turned two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Happy Birthday from your Aunt Elise and Uncle Austin...I can't believe how big you are! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't two year olds great?! I know that sounds a little funny and most people wouldn't be saying that (most days, me included), but they are turning into little people and it's so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday James! Don't let anyone tell you that you're terrible...it could just never be true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet boy. Happy Birthday Jamsey. I love the lists. I think he'll love to read this some day. He has the most beautiful eyes. I was going through my pictures today and I came across your christmas card from 2 years ago and his eyes are so big and beautiful. What sweet children you have. I am looking forward to your newest little guy making his appearance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He sure sounds like a keeper. :) Happy birthday to James!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He really DOES remind me of Gray. In TONS of ways...but not obeying. Gray pretends he doesn't understand or can't hear me, but I know he does.

    Happy birthday to your cute 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those pictures are so precious! I love James! I really, really want to meet him someday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- I didn't realize James had just turned two! Happy Birthday James! Wow- two is great! That is SO many things you can do! Way to go! Will you teach Jake how to be obedient?? He loved looking at your pictures and would say, "I see James!" over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. a 2 year old... thats what my Jackson will be in a few weeks. its just not fair how that time goes. Jackson shrugs his shoulders too, and it IS adorable! I am anxious to see how J reacts to this baby coming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday James! Cute baby pic!!

    ReplyDelete