Thursday, August 5
We headed downtown to the Anchorage Museum. There was so much to do there! We stayed for a few hours and never ran out of stuff to do. It was fantastic.
After the museum and a little lunch the babies took a nap so I decided to head to Jacob's school with William, James and Olivia. The elementary school is within walking distance so we had a nice little outing.
The three cousins had a great time playing together and it was relaxing for me just to sit outside.
This is the edge of the playground... isn't that awesome? On Jacob's first day of school he saw a moose out there!
At one point William wanted to roll down the hill (which the kids sled down in the winter). I was actually really surprised because William never wants to roll down any hill. James decided to join him... but Olivia just marched behind them warning them of the dangers of rolling down the hill. It was quite comical.
On the way home I told them stories of when Amy and I were girls walking to school together... and they had fun picking bunches and bunches of wildflowers for Grandma.
Coming up: a movie party and other fun stuff...




That cracks me up about the hill. I wish I'd come along. Was I napping?
ReplyDeleteYeah, you were taking a nap. The funniest part was that once they got to the bottom, she'd march right back up the hill and follow them again--giving the same warnings. I told her that she was missing out on all the fun... I don't think she believed me.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about the "hill rolling episode" either. Thanks for sharing. That is so funny.
ReplyDelete