Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Alaska: Day 22... movie party and other fun stuff



Friday, August 6

It was rainy (again) so we did a few experiments with the kids.  The coolest one we found over at Activity Mom.  Even Jacob decided to join in on that one.


In the late afternoon Amy and I planned a 'movie party' for the kids.  We printed up money, tickets, and made up some treats.  (We had selfish motives... Rachelle was coming home early and we wanted to work on some sewing projects without the kids coming into bother us.)  Jacob worked the ticket/concession counter. 
It cost $20 for a movie ticket.



And $5 for some candy.

When they asked for more red vines we asked "Do you have 5 more dollars?" End of discussion... it was great!

And then they watched Balto... it was a perfect Alaskan movie.


And what did we do with the babies??

They had their own kind of party...


Coming up: a bunch of random stuff that I don't want to forget

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love the movie concession idea. So smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie day was perfect!!! I loved it. All of the kids had a great time. (And you got some great sewing projects finished.)

    ReplyDelete