Thursday, September 2, 2010

Alaska: Misc.

This list is really for myself.... stuff that happened in Alaska that I don't want to forget:

Olivia and James fought to say the prayers every time they needed to be said.  Usually we ended up with two prayers.

Amy and I took Jacob shopping with us a few times.  Mostly he just wanted us to leave him to browse the toy section.

Eating mom's lettuce.  I never knew that fresh lettuce could make such a difference!  I want to plant my own now.



Mom and I {sometimes along with Rachelle, Amy, or Dad} watched the Love Comes Softly series.  Now I want to go read the books!

We played games and had ice cream every night.

An introduction to Phineas and Ferb

LOTS of Scooby-doo


Before Olivia came we had to get our fill of peanut "infected" stuff... nuts, peanut butter cookies, Ghirardelli chocolate chips, etc.

Alexander loved to watch the washing machine.



He also loved climbing the stairs.  He refused to go down them backward and did fine until the very last night that we were there... and he tumbled down the entire thing!  {At the beginning of the trip James did sommersaults down it!  Yikes!}


Every time we got into Mom's car someone would text her and have the "sync lady" {who somehow came to be known as Elga P. Flarb} read the message.  It was hilarious... and the kids loved to shout "read message" and then hear Elga say their names {ie: Are Olivia, William and James ready for an exciting adventure?}







Jacob was always trying to "boop" us on the nose.

Rich lost his job. {Don't worry... he got a new, better one}

Mom always had fun crafts to do with the kids.  They loved it!

egg carton dragons

jelly fish... after seeing the real jelly fish at the museum!



Dad told the boys a story about how they rode Bevo... and then later gave them a Bevo picture of their very own.  After that, James wanted a story every night about how he rode a animal... I believe mom told him one about riding a moose.  {He still wants stories about riding a moose}

Rachelle read stories at night.



The last Sunday we were there Dad showed them his coconut and told them how we made rafts with them in Florida.  They were riveted.  I don't think that Jacob had heard any of the stories either.  Then they put them in the sink to see them float.




I found about a million pictures of Rachelle with the grandkids.  These are some of my favorite.  She is just too fun.



Jacob always is pulling for another neice... but really I think he just likes the babies.  And they love him!  Alexander loves his Uncle Jacob and gave him big hugs!



Coming up: downtown adventures!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your list. It makes me so happy. You're doing such a good job of remember the little stuff that's the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to hear about all of your adventures in Alaska. You will be glad you documented this trip so well. I'll bet your mom misses all of you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these random things!! I just love our sync lady. (Elga is so great to read our messages to us.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I totally read all the Love Comes Softly books growing up, and some of her other series too. I think I reread them several times too. I've never seen the movies though . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man- what a fun list!! I love that Jacob want's another niece- I thought he was thrilled with all the boys finally! It is crazy that you came from such a large family of girls and had all boys- silly! I gotta hear more about Rich's job- what the? But glad to hear it is better now. Wow! The sync lady sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete