Monday, September 20, 2010

And then there was one...

... in diapers.  {And the crowd goes wild!}

NO PICTURES!


Wow... it has been a rough week.  I don't remember William being this hard to potty train.  And really... James wasn't hard.  He just had more accidents than I expected.  To be honest it's partly my fault.  I thought to myself, "He's doing great!  I'll just hop on the computer for just a second."  Next thing I know it's been several minutes and in that time there was an accident.  Oops.


Thursday I was getting ready to put Alexander down for a nap when James had an accident.  I started running water for the tub while I cleaned up the puddle on the kitchen floor.  In the meantime, Alexander got a little neglected and decided to have some fun of his own.


It seems that he wanted to have a bath as well.  Great.  The older boys thought this was hilarious and Alex couldn't seem to understand why I was upset.

Friday, Saturday and today were completely accident free!  James has been to run errands, to the State Fair, and to church all without accidents.  He really is doing awesome.


In other James related news: a few weeks ago he lost his blanket.  I'm sure it's somewhere in the house.  No one has been able to find it yet.  He was a little sad but he still had a few strands of it that he would carry around.  I noticed that the only time he sucked his thumb was when he was holding those little strings.  So I decided to "lose" those as well.  That, and the fact that he would wake up in the middle of the night wanting his strings.  It was impossible to find them in the dark and we'd had enough of it!  He still asks for those silly strings every night but he is doing great without them.

It seems that James is turning into a big kid now.

7 comments:

  1. So similar to how my two boys potty trained. I'm on to number three any day now. WOOHOO!

    I should take Reid's blanket away. He only sucks his thumb if he has that. But I can't bare to do it.

    I'm happy for you and your growing boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I felt the same way about James' blanket. But since we lost it, we had no choice. It was those strings that drove me crazy. It's impossible to find a little ribbon in the middle of the night with James screaming... without waking up the other 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and your potty trained boy! Kids are amazing- and easy to forgive when they have accidents eventually. Love the Alex in the bath- Jake did that ALL the time. I'm worried Luc will start too, we have a really big deep tub falling in would hurt I think. Life is going to get a lot more dangerous once he starts to move! I'm not ready! Alex is so cute and so blond! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I am debating about potty training--now or later. Mostly, I'm voting for later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go james! i can't wait till boston gets the whole potty thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to cut down on the diapers. Nice job James.

    ReplyDelete
  7. James, I am so proud of you. Way to go with wearing big boy underwear.

    I love the picture of Alex. He is darling. I can't believe he got in the tub like that.

    ReplyDelete