Around these parts when Halloween falls on a Sunday everyone celebrates on Saturday--HOORAY!
Saturday afternoon we got a chance to carve our pumpkins. William loves designing the faces and Rich and I worked together to make them a reality.
I tried to get a picture with the boys and the pumpkins... but no one really wanted to cooperate.
Bob's family was in town for the weekend (and BenSam's birthday) so we headed over to the Crane's for some celebrating. Every Halloween we have so many parties (ward trunk-or-treat, school, and Rich's work) that we hardly take the boys to do any trick-or-treating. We usually hit up about 4 houses on our street to be neighborly and then call it a night. With the ward trunk-or-treat canceled and Rich with new employment we didn't have any candy (silent cheers!) So... we took the boys around Grandma's neighborhood with their cousins (and Rich's little cousins). They had a blast. William soon learned that with so many people he could stand around and the people might give him double the candy. James would stand politely holding out his bucket saying "Trick-or-Treat" over and over until they gave him some treats.
William as Obi Wan Kenobi (he was going to be a Jawa in the same costume but decided he'd really be Obi Wan). James as Luke Skywalk (this is really a Darth Vader costume but he decided he didn't want the mask and he'd carry around a green lightsaber instead of a red one).
Aunt Lisa as Snow White and Alexander as Chewbacca (he wouldn't wear his hat).
It was a fun night and I'm glad that we still have pumpkin seeds to munch on...
ps. On Halloween day (the 31st) we had our primary program at church. William gets sooo nervous. He can say his part perfectly at home (President Thomas S. Monson was called of God as well. He is the current prophet of our church today). But when he gets up he mumbles through it and insists on getting help. I'm just glad that he sat on the stand this year and sang some of the songs.
pps. For dinner that night we had mummy dogs (pigs in blankets), eyeballs (grapes), and blood (strawberry punch). The boys thought it was the coolest thing ever.



fun! and totally ghoulish dinner :)
ReplyDeleteand I am just SURE that my kids will not want to say their parts in the program...
I love the Star Wars costumes! And your kids sound like cute trick-or-treaters!
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures!! I've been meaning to ask you...how do you make those collages? What program do you use? Could I do it with Picasa?
ReplyDeleteYour menu is something boys would love!
ReplyDeleteAt least William is getting braver and braver every year. When I was his age, I would get so nervous that I would stand at the microphone and cry because I was so scared.
Erin I use Picassa to make the collages! You just pick the pictures you want and then at the bottom of the page there is a button that says "collage" (or something like that) and it will do it all for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jeanine! I'm going to try that :)
ReplyDelete