Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween--I


October always brings with it loads of fun.  There are always visits to the pumpkin patch, parties, and pizza (jack-o-lantern pizza that is.)  This year was no different.

At the beginning of the month William's Kindergarten class walked over to the local pumpkin patch.  A friend in the ward watched the little boys so that I could help out.  They have a story, history and science lesson.  The kids had a ton of fun... and I enjoyed being there and meeting his new school friends.



A little over a week later I walked with James and Alexander  to the pumpkin patch with some friends from church.  Again, loads of fun... we always enjoy being with friends.  (Side note: on the way to the pumpkin patch James told me that his "best girl" was Anna, his cousin.  On the way home after seeing his friend, Julia, he said that Anna and Julia were his best girls.  Aunt Lisa is now on that list as well... because they're getting married.  William, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with "best girls")


During the last week of October the little boys and I headed to William's class to attend his "Fall Party."  James always loves to go to William's class and act like a big kid.



We also had our traditional jack-o-lantern pizza that night.



The next day James, Alex and I headed over to Julia's Second Annual Halloween Bash.























My friend, Janine, is always so creative with her parties and the kids (and adults!) always have a fantastic time.


 Finally we got the opportunity to head to the pumpkin patch with the entire family.  It's become a tradition... and we have to pick out a big pumpkin to carve.


And it's also tradition to get a picture of the boys sitting on this little bench.  Unfortunately this is the best one I got this year.


Still to come... Halloween weekend.

5 comments:

  1. isn't it amazing how quickly all the little celebrations add up? Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is so fun. Love that James has his "best girls" and LOVE his new quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your celebrations. We don't have a pumpkin patch here. In fact, I overheard some store clerks talking a few days before Halloween and saying that ALL of the stores had sold out of their pumpkins. There were no more pumpkins in the city. I'm glad we bought ours early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the Halloween! I love all your traditions! Glad you guys had fun- and that you had a great pumpkin patch to go too- I could never find one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that last picture is my favorite ever. So classic. (Tell William that when he's finally ready for a "best girl" - I know good candidate =)

    ReplyDelete