It has been birthday week at our house! James had his 4th birthday on Sunday which we celebrated over at Grandma's house. He had a great time and loved all his new Star Wars stuff!
He also loved the giant cookie and the ice cream (of which he took a giant lick right in the carton! Yuck!)
Rich was out of town with his dad so we postponed our own family celebration until Tuesday when he could join us. James picked out dinner (chicken nuggets) and was so glad to be celebrating again. In fact, since he had "two birthdays" he thinks that he is five now!
He got a Buzz Lightyear car from Grandma and Grandpa Fisher (which all the boys love),
a rubber band gun (which he is constantly asking me to load for him!), and
some super hero puppets.
These actually turned out to be a bigger hit than I thought! All of the boys love them... and I need to make some more! I just need to find some time to do them! (I've been informed that there needs to be some more bad guys.)
This year James decided on a treasure map cake. It's one of the easier cakes that I've made and James loved it!
The very next day (Wednesday) was Rich's birthday. We had a quick celebration between work and church meetings.
Rich always claims that he doesn't have a birthday now that James' is right before his.... but this year it really seemed like we didn't get to do much! I owe him one!
It was a fun week but I'm glad we don't have another birthday for a few months... it can be exhausting!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the puppets. They turned out great!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Rich. Hope your day was great. You deserve it.
Love the puppets and the treasure map cupcakes. You always have best ideas!
ReplyDeleteI love it all! You're amazing. Happy Birthday boys!
ReplyDeletethe puppets are awesome! I think I'll make some and give them to my husband for Christmas...I think he would love it! Too fun!!!
ReplyDeleteFun! I love your puppets! They turned out awesome--and so did the cake.
ReplyDelete