Friday, April 8, 2011

boys update

I have been a major blog slacker lately!  I don't know what my problem is!  I feel as if life is so crazy right now... we've re-painted, re-carpeted, rearranged furniture, got a new realtor,  packed a little, had t-ball practice, looked for new places to live, prayed that we can sell this house, nursed sick kids better--along with a hundred other things.

The house is silent right now--William is at school, James wasn't feeling well and fell asleep on the couch, and Alex is taking a nap--so I thought I'd do a little blog update on my boys.

A few weeks back, after James said our morning prayers, he announced "I said, 'Bless the angels!'"  (He usually blesses the food... whether we're eating or not... I'm not sure where he came up with blessing the angels).  William then informed him "You don't need to bless the angels, James.  Angels are already blessed."  It's things like this that keep me smiling through all the fighting, crying, and whining (both mine and theirs).


William:


* Has really started reading!  He doesn't really like to do it on a regular basis (it's so much faster if mom just reads it!) but he can sound out some pretty huge words!  For example: Every night we read the "Book of Mormon Stories" and then have William read a verse out of the scriptures.  He has read words (with no help at all) like "according" and "commandments".  It's great!

* Started t-ball... and loves it.  I was hesitant to sign him up because our weeks are usually full anyway and I didn't want to hear whining about going to practices.  But every week he is more than excited to go!  He even thanks Heavenly Father in his prayers that he got to go to baseball that day.  I haven't been to any practices yet... but Rich says that William is one of the best kids out there.  His games start next week and I'm excited to watch him play.

* Is doing great in school.  His teacher has nothing but good things to say about William!

* Is a great helper around the house.  Yesterday, after the boys and I cleaned up the playroom (which was a disaster) I mentioned that I still needed to clean up the living room but I had to make dinner too.  When I peeked my head around the corner I found William carrying toys out of the living room and putting them away.  Sometimes--when he's really hungry--he'll set the table for me while I finish up dinner.

* Is a great friend.  He always has lots of friends and loves to play with them.  He would never intentionally hurt his friends... or their feelings.  I think this is why he especially is hurt when someone purposely does something mean to him.

* As always, is a great big brother.  He takes care of his little brothers and doesn't like when they are sad.


James:

* Loves being in Primary now!  He thinks he is really big and loves learning all the songs.  Of course, every week after church I ask him what he learned about and he tells me the same thing: "Heavenly Father, Jesus, and baby Jesus... and a chihuahua."

* Wants to name our baby crazy things like "Master Yoda."

* Likes to talk like Master Yoda... pretty funny to listen to!

* Is always telling me "Mom, I love you."  I love it!

* Helps out around the house--especially when William is not around or if I ask him to do something for Alex.  He loves to go "the extra mile" and then tell me about it--"Mom!  I went the extra mile!"

* Loves to tease.  I guess it was bound to happen that this Fisher trait would make it through to one of the boys.  I am pretty sure it's his favorite past time.

* When I sing to him at night he sings along with me... especially if it's "I Love to See the Temple"



Alex:

* Loves to do whatever his brothers are doing--whether that means playing with their toys or fighting with lightsabers.   William made the comment the other day, "Alex turned out to be a pretty good fighter!"

* Still likes to throw up when he doesn't get his way.  Worst. Talent. Ever.

* Recognizes super heroes like Batman, Spiderman... and can even say "Star Wars"... you know, important stuff (but he won't tell us what he wants to eat!  Aagh!)

* Loves to play baseball!  He will find anything to be a bat (broom, stick, light saber, sword) and a ball (any size ball, an orange, etc) and try to get someone to play with him.


* Rich described him as "a little bit OCD"... if he wants more milk, he has to walk over to the fridge with you to make sure you are pouring it.  If we're walking to a certain destination, he'll pick up anything he sees along the way--sometimes he winds up with quite a handful! (Just the other day we were walking from the library to our car and he had to pick up rocks along the way!)  If I ask him to pick up his shoes and put them away he can't stand it if James' shoes are sitting their also--he has to be assured that they will be picked up or he'll just do it himself!

* He's a great helper.  He loves to help with laundry or picking up toys.  The best way to distract him is tell him, "Alex, come here!  I need your help!"

*Loves to sing (and do the actions) "Popcorn Popping"



They all love playing outside or with Legos or going anywhere with their dad.  I am lucky to have them all--and to get another in a few months (if only we could think of a name for him!)

10 comments:

  1. LOVE it! And reading what you have been up to made me exhausted. I put it on my 30 by 30 list to see you...I have just over a year to make it happen...hmmmm....dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have been super busy! Reading about your boys is always fun. That's exciting that William is starting T-ball--and likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so fun to read about each of the boys. I can hardly wait to see them. It seems that when you have four children of the same gender, it is hard to come up with a name that both of you like. (That is why Rachelle didn't have a name on her birth certificate. We have to get an ammendment to attach to it with her name after we finally decided on one.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy Jean I hope you can cross that off of your list! We'd LOVE it if you could come visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo- way to go with all the renovations! You are amazing- I remember doing all that- no fun. We hope your house sells soon!! We'll pray for it to sell too. Cutest update on all your boys- you sure have the best boys! When mine are doing bad things and driving me crazy- I need to remember to take the time to think about what I love about them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to hear about your cute boys. Good luck with selling the house--that's got to be so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wish we lived closer so our boys could play. You write things about them and their personality and I think 'That is such a Ben thing to say.' Good luck with the house and the adding a new baby. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, did you ever sell your house in Stillwater?! I hope you sell it soon!

    Marji, I feel the same way! The next time we head to CA we will have to plan to get together! (which won't be for a while since my parents moved... but whenever my youngest sister gets married we'll be there!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have been way busy! Glad you boys are so helpful! Good luck as you continue to try selling the house!

    ReplyDelete