Sometime in the early fall of last year a friend in the ward came up to me between meetings on Sunday and told me that she'd like to come watch my boys during the day every week so that I could attend the temple. She told me to go home, look at my calendar and see what day would work best. Then she added, "And I'll call you because you probably won't call me." Just moments before she said that I was thinking, "That was such a nice offer... but I'll never call her to take her up on it!" How did she know? Well, that day (or the next) I got a phone call asking me, "What day can I come over?" Every week (until she and her husband left on their mission--to Greece) she would call me and set up a time to come over and play with my babies so that I could attend the temple.
What a blessing to attend the temple every week. I loved it! I learned so much and felt the spirit more readily as I took time out of my busy week to go to the temple. At the time I felt so blessed to have someone to do such a service for me--but feel that way even more so now. In just over a month the temple won't be nearly as convenient to get to. Instead of 2 minutes from my home it will be over 2 hours away (and in an entirely different state!) I will forever be grateful to this dear friend who served me and allowed me to receive those great blessings.


what a special friend and a special time for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice friend. You guys are so lucky that you live so near the temple.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing blessing and service. I would love to do that for someone some day. I know what you mean- I used to complain about the temple being an hour away and I even had great babysitters close by ;) and now it is 2 and three hours away. Yikes. Where is the closest temple? South Carolina??
ReplyDeleteMelissa... yes it's in SC! It's an hour closer than the one in NC.
ReplyDeleteThat is a true gift for certain. Those blessings will continue to flow for you both for a very long time. That is true a Godly woman connection, and I am so happy that someone blessed you this way. My best on your move, and just know that I think of one more way that you are amazing. Your willingness to go and be where your hubby needs to be, and where the Lord would have you be.
ReplyDeleteThat really was such a great blessing. I remember meeting that lady when I visited. She is an angel!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a wonderful lady she must be to offer such a great blessing!!
ReplyDelete