Another night, because President Monson loves to fish, we went fishing for General Authorities. I hooked paper clips to cards of the Apostles and First Presidency. When we caught each one we would name them and state a fact about that man. It was a lot of fun!
And as always, when listening to conference, when the boys recognize a speaker they hang the picture up on the wall.
What fun things do you do to prep for conference or to keep your kids busy during the meetings?

Jeanine, I am always amazed at your great ideas! I'll have to promise to be better next year and borrow a few.
ReplyDeleteThis year for conf. we gave them each an iPad, while Paul and I watched in peace. :) While Paul and I got a lot out of conference this way, Macey and Miles obviously didn't get anything. Perhaps I'll be braver next year.
I always love reading about the things you do to prepare. I need to be better at remembering in advance. (Will you remind me like a month ahead next time? :) Olivia has liked learning the apostles song and this year I tried something new (just for the Sunday sessions) where I put an activity or snack in a bag and then a picture of an apostle in the bag. When that person spoke they got to do/eat whatever was in that bag. That worked really well...and we always do conference bingo. That really helps Olivia to listen and she loves doing it.
ReplyDeleteyou are so much fun! Once my kids actually get it... I will have to come back and get some of your ideas to use.
ReplyDeleteYou are so clever. Where were you when my kids were little?
ReplyDeleteGood ideas! You're so creative. :D This session we were pretty low key. On Thursday night and Friday night we played General Authority Memory (I saved pictures of them online and sent them to Costco for double prints a while back). We do half one night, and the other half the other night. Then during conference we pause after each speaker to play the M&M game. They get one for being reverent, one for telling us who spoke and one for telling us what they learned. Not a great idea if you want to avoid sugar, but I figure it's like a bags worth a day (if they're REALLY good), so I'm okay with that if it will bring me silence! LOL!
ReplyDeleteKelsey... your way sounds much more enjoyable! I don't know that my boys get much out of conference... and sometimes we don't either because we're breaking up fights!
ReplyDeleteAmy... I was going to do the same thing with the bags but totally forgot! How did that go? Remind me to do that next year!
Mom... where do you think I get so many of my ideas? I just build off of what you did with us!
Jennifer! I need to remember the M&M game for next year! I'm going to go write it down and add it to my conference file. Such a great idea! I think my boys would go for that!