Monday, January 9, 2012

Great Wolf Lodge

For Christmas Rich and I decided to gift ourselves a family vacation.  So a few days after Christmas we packed up the van and took a drive down to the Great Wolf Lodge.

The boys were really excited to go and were great little travelers!  Alex slept most of the way... perfect!  And Henry was awesome on his first road trip.



We splurged for the Kids Camp room.  This meant that the boys had their own little room with bunk beds and a tv.



Once we got into our room we headed down to the waterpark.  The boys had a blast!  They loved the lazy river and wave pool the best.  James really liked the slides.  We played for a few hours--until dinner.  Henry was exhausted and promptly fell asleep on the bed while the big boys warmed up in the tub.

all my boys love to sleep with their eyes partly open


After dinner we headed back down to play until the waterpark closed.  By the end of the night we were all exhausted!  We settled down with a snack and a movie.


After a quick breakfast the next morning we headed down for one more time in the water.  It was such a quick trip but we had a blast!  The boys can't wait until we can go again!

7 comments:

  1. My friends in WA love going to the Great Wolf Lodge too. It always makes me so jealous, I wish we had one close by. What a fun little getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! We've been thinking about going there for years! You'll have to give us your ratings and tips. We are going to try to go to the Schlitterbahn this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea for Christmas. I bet it was so much fun to spend time in the pool in the winter. I love the kids room too. It looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun thing to do. I bet your boys are still talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you did that. What a great mini-vacation. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I was trying to convince Spencer that that would be a fun Christmas present for us, too. It sounds perfect. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun, and how perfect for a family of all boys!!

    ReplyDelete