Rich was invited to go to a Thunder game with his dad on New Year's Eve so he and I had an early dinner out. It was nice to be out on a date. On the car ride home Alexander fell asleep so the rest of the boys and I had a quiet New Year's celebration. It has become a little tradition of ours to have fondue on New Year's Eve. The boys weren't so sure about it... but how can you go wrong with chocolate dipped marshmallows? They loved it!
After we were stuffed full of chocolate goodness we put together some legos and then we headed outside to throw some poppers. It was fun to hear them shout "Happy New Year" as they threw poppers to the ground. And since they don't pay attention to the time I put them to bed by 9:00 and enjoyed a few hours to myself before Rich came home! I know people like to go to parties on New Year's Eve... but a quiet night at home was the perfect night for me.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We do EST new years eve with the kids, but this year, Keira CAUGHT us! SHe kept saying, "it's not New Years, it's only 9 o'clock!". Darn those kids for growing up! Haha! Long story short-she's staying up next year. Enjoy it while it last!
ReplyDeleteI think your New Years Eve fondu tradition is so much fun. Wish we could do New Years Eve EST with our kids...
ReplyDeleteAnd it looks like you got a bumbo. How do you like it?
I DID get a bumbo... I like it. Henry is almost to the point where he can sit up on his own but he's unsteady. It's nice for him to sit up with the boys and think he's part of their play.
ReplyDeleteJennifer, I love your EST new year's... too bad we don't have west coast time! I'm dreading the day that William realizes that he's supposed to stay up until midnight. My boys think that "midnight" is when it's late and dark. Sometimes we tell them that it's midnight when it's 9:00 at night and they are getting out of bed!
Henry is so cute and getting so big! Noelle used to (maybe still does) a "noon years eve party". They celebrate and shout "Happy New Year" at noon. Then she puts her kids to bed early that night. I love it.
ReplyDeleteMom, I remember you did 'noon years eve' with us one year when we lived on Citron. I think it was because New Year's was on a Sunday (like this year). I thought about doing that but it didn't work out.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of doing an early new years celebration with the kids...I don't think we ever did that when I was growing up. We just went to bed wishing we could stay up with the adults.
ReplyDelete