Thursday, June 27, 2013

Henry at 2


It's our little Henry's birthday!  I can't believe he is 2 years old already!  Two years ago a tornado had just hit our town, we had just moved in the middle of the sweltering summer heat, and trying to get everything unpacked before our little guy arrived.


Henry is such a sweet boy.  He is always waving 'hi' to people and making them smile.  He is just so cute.  And it's a good thing too--because he is t.r.o.u.b.l.e.  We have to keep a good eye on him--and the bathroom doors shut.  Some of his favorite places for trouble are the toilet.  I also found him on top of the piano... not on the keys, on the very top!  He likes to reach into the kitchen drawers and pull everything out.  He even pulled the laptop off of the kitchen counter... goodbye laptop.  And his most recent troublesome trick?  He learned that if he pushed a chair over to the counter he could get into a lot more stuff.  Awesome.

I have a million head shots of Henry.  Whenever he sees me with my camera he pesters me until I take several pictures of him!


Henry loves his milk and "baby" which is his little elephant blanket.


And this boy loves his hats.  If he is going outside he has to be wearing a baseball hat... preferably his Thunder hat.

He also loves to be with his brothers.  He loves being with the big boys outside and doing what they do.


And the person he loves the most is his dad.  I think all of my boys have been the same way at this age.


Henry can say "please" and "thank you"... and knows the signs.

He loves to talk on the phone.



His favorite character right now is Cookie Monster.  If he sees a picture of cookie monster he'll say in a really deep voice "cookie!"  It's too cute.  I need to get a video of it.  He also loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Curious George.

Henry wants whatever he sees.  If we open the fridge and he sees string cheese then he wants it.  Until he sees that Alex is having blueberries... then he'll want that.  And if you mention something else he has changed his mind again!  


And if you are ever fortunate enough to receive a hug from Henry you won't regret it.  It's the sweetest thing in the world.  I think we'll keep him.

Happy birthday, little friend.  We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Has it really been almost a year since we met little Henry? What a cutie he still is. Sorry about your laptop though . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Two already! What a cutie pie. Happy Birthday Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to believe that Henry is already two. Jacob and I had such a great time with your family when Henry was born. I'm so glad Jacob got to come with me. We have special memories of that trip.

    ReplyDelete