GIRL!!
All those "pink" wishes finally came through for me. When I polled everyone with Alex and Henry the girl vote was the majority. This time was no different. Before the poll broke on my blog there were 29 votes... 24 of which were for a girl.
We found out a little differently this time. Rich got lost and ended up at the wrong office (my doctor has 2). He got to the correct office just as we were leaving. We really tried to stall... but we just were too quick! The ultrasound tech was really nice and offered to put it in an envelope for us to open later... she had me close my eyes while she searched. This little girl was sleeping though--right with her foot tucked up underneath her! Alex and Henry kept telling her, "Wake up, baby!" and "Move your foot!" It eventually worked.
James was pretty upset when he came home and found out that I didn't know if he was getting a brother or sister. Really mad. He wanted to just open up the envelope and call Rich to tell him!
At dinner we had everyone go around and tell their votes one last time: Rich, James, Alex, and Henry all voted for girl. William and I voted boy--William actually wanted boy, and I was just trying not to get my hopes up! I had Rich open the envelope... and he started laughing. I thought for sure that meant another boy. Really I think he was laughing because what we thought might be impossible became a reality. The boys all cheered when he told us the news! Except William. But I'm pretty sure he was trying to suppress a smile. He acts like he really wanted another boy--but I think he's secretly happy.
So come October there will be a lot more pink in this house of ours. Hooray!
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So, so happy for you!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!!! This post made me smile. You're boys are so cute. They will be great big brothers to their sister.
ReplyDeleteThat's super exciting. Your girl will be well-loved by all those big brothers!
ReplyDeleteThat is the best. I am so happy for you and that you finally get your girl!! I'm glad William is secretly happy :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is very exciting! I am so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI am super excited to have another girl in the family. I guess that Elise and Rachelle will have to have girls next so that the girl cousins can be together. Olivia will be the big girl cousin that teaches them everything they need to know.
ReplyDeleteYay hooray! So happy for the little princess to join the family of brothers. Any baby is special...but how special to have a little sister!
ReplyDelete