These days it seems that Halloween lasts for 3 weeks! Around the middle of the month was our school Fall Festival. Always lots of fun. We took a few pictures before we headed out the door. Isn't Lydia the cutest little ladybug you ever did see? The boys kept calling her a "Lydie-bug". It was adorable.
My boys are such cheesers in front of the camera. It was hard to pick just one of their silly poses. So sorry for the picture overload.
I didn't get any pictures at the festival except for one of Lydia and Rich.
The Monday before Halloween Alex gave us a nice lesson about letting our light shine (using the idea of carving pumpkins) and then we carved our pumpkins. This year was awesome because, for the most part, the boys gutted their own pumpkins. William and James even carved all by themselves!
The finished jack-o-lanterns.
We put glowsticks in the jack-o-lanterns instead of candles and the colors made them look extra cool!
Wednesday we had a tri-ward trunk-or-treat which was fun (no pictures). On Saturday (Halloween) our neighbor brought over the cutest ever Halloween cookies for us!
That evening, after eating our traditional jack-o-lantern pizza, we went trick-or-treating. We took Lydia to just a few houses nearby. She was pretty tired so I brought her back to the house to pass out candy while Rich took the boys around the neighborhood.
The trick-or-treaters thought Lydia was the cutest. When there was a lull I took her to bed and had a laundry folding party by myself while I waited for kids to come by. The boys got way too much candy. They each sold a little bit back to me so that I could pass it back to the kids still stopping by the house (James sold all but 5 pieces back! Yea!)
Phew! Another Halloween in the books... onto my favorite holidays!

Very cute ladybug! It's so nice to have help with the pumpkins. It's a lot of work when Mom and Dad have to do all the work--I know from experience (or should I say Jeff does)
ReplyDeleteLove the costumes! And Lydie-bug is adorable! I'm glad you figured something out for her.
ReplyDeleteLydia was adorable. I love the glow stick idea with the pumpkins. The boys look like they had a great time dressing up in their different costumes. What a fun time.
ReplyDelete