Friday, March 31, 2017

March Miscellany

March brought more blossoms.  Our apple tree was gorgeous with its pink flowers.



James finished his project on the Pony Express.  He dressed up and made a mochila like the ones that the pony express riders used.  He even learned about his very own ancestor who rode!  Grandma Fisher and Lydia came to see all the 4th grade displays.



Since Grandma stayed an extra few days we were able to take her to the aquarium.  We went in the lorikeet cage and one of them got stuck in my hair!



One night as we were getting ready for Family Night there was a knock at the door.  When we went to answer we found a box of donuts left by the "FHE Donut Delivery".  It was the best surprise ever!



It was such a beautiful day before school that Alex couldn't help but climb the tree in the front yard.  I'm so glad that we have a house with trees!



Amy Fitzgibbons came over on pi day (3/14) and motivated me to make a pie.  She made some chocolate cream and I made lemon cream.  It was SO good!



I love these little yellow flowers that take over the southwest corner of the backyard in the spring!



And I love Lydia's little "cheese" face.



On St. Patrick's Day I bought some Froot Loops for breakfast.  Alex created a sweet note for me to find.



After school the boys discovered that a leprechaun had left some clues for them to discover.



After attending Grandpa Allred's funeral, Alex decided he needed to drink some pickle juice.



The pigeon that I always hear must have laid some eggs on our roof because a few different days the boys came in saying that someone threw an egg!  Each time we discovered a tiny little egg that was smashed on the patio.



One Sunday as we pulled into the garage I looked back to find 3 shirtless boys!  I guess they couldn't wait to get home into some more comfy clothes!



Lydia insisted that she snuggle with Henry one night.  It was pretty sweet.



All month long I saw these adorable Easter hats in the dollar spot.  I really wanted to buy one for Lydia but I just knew she'd never actually wear it.  The only way I got her to put it on was to tell her that we were taking a picture for daddy.  Isn't she adorable??



2 comments:

  1. Love the pics of Lydia in the hat. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the update -- the beautiful flowers, the note made with Fruit Loops, the cute hat on Lydia. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete