The Friday before school William and James were able to get their new schedules. It's crazy to think I have 2 in middle school now.
The Sunday before the first day of school we held our 9th annual Back to School Feast. We decided that we really wanted to focus on working hard this school year we came up with the theme of "Become a Master Builder" (based on The Lego Movie).
I made shirts for the Alexander and Henry (and a dress for Lydia).
The older boys didn't wear their shirts at all last year so I had to come up with something different. My friend suggested hats. Genius!
After our feast Rich gave everyone a back to school father's blessing and we tried to get to bed early.
The first day of school came way too soon. The summer's really just seem to fly by. These three were super excited to wear their new shirts.
I managed to catch a really quick picture before everyone left.
Lydia captured this photo of me at the park before school. Over the summer I really missed the morning chats at the park with my friends.
Everyone had a fantastic first day of school. Henry declared that it only seemed like 3 hours which in Henry-speak means it was a fun day! I'm so glad that everyone is having a great year with great teachers!
For Family Night we brainstormed ideas of what a Master Builder is.
The following week Lydia started a pre-school co-op with 4 other friends. She was so excited to start school as well!












No comments:
Post a Comment