A few days back William took an
unauthorized late afternoon nap. Since he has a 6:30 bedtime this usually causes a problem. But this time, instead of spending 30 minutes trying to wake the sleeping beauty I decided to have a movie night! Part of this decision was also based on the fact that I had just bought
Enchanted and was so excited to watch it again. Once Rich got home he and William made us a "comfy, cozy bed" to sit on. I think that they used just about every blanket and pillow in the house.

It was such a fun, relaxing evening spent at home... some might call it
enchanted. I think we should make this a monthly tradition...
6:30 bedtime! Are you kidding me? That sounds pretty fantastic!
ReplyDeleteWe do this almost weekly...usually on a weekend. We refer to it as a Pajama Party. On really special occasions...like birthdays, we buy everyones favorite snacks.
ReplyDeleteParker LOVED Enchanted. Who knew?
wow...you've been busy. happy birthday to everyone! glad you took a movie break. who doesn't love enchanted?
ReplyDeleteOh my, an evening like that sounds absolutely heavenly right about now. :)
ReplyDeletesuper fun, my dear!! Lucy would die for an evening like this!! We'll have to find a time to do it!
ReplyDeleteAnd we love Enchanted too! Can't wait to add it to the collection!
What a great idea! Can I steal it? I think we need a lot more relaxing at our house and a lot less working. Hmm, I must have spring fever. So fun to read your blog Jeanine!
ReplyDeleteThat is turning lemons to lemonade! Way to go! Very good idea. Hope all is going well!
ReplyDeleteHeath... 6:30 bedtime is one of the greatest things ever! Now we just need to get James on that same schedule!
ReplyDeleteKatie... you are such a fun mom. I don't know what you're talking about when you say you don't know what to do with little kids! And I love that Parker loved Enchanted... William liked the cleaning bugs and pigeons.
Amy Jean... I totally agree! How could you not love that movie!
Lindsay... it was pretty heavenly.
Lori... too bad we don't live close and we could have a combined movie night...
Michelle... steal away!
Megg... and it was delicious lemonade :)
I haven't seen Enchanted yet... it looked super cute. Can't wait to check it out! I detest days where Lainey crashes in the late afternoon. I'll have to remember this fun idea for next time!
ReplyDeleteThat is so fun- what a great family night. I hate the time of naps/no naps but 6:30 bedtime is sure worth it! Josh has been so weird since the time change, but now he is back to his good old 6:30 wake up call! yikes, but it does make it super easy when he goes to bed. I'm glad you enjoyed that movie- it was super cute- I loved all the songs and I find that "happy working song" really does help the cleaning go faster (minus the creepy rats and birds in the house)
ReplyDeleteWe are big movie party people. It is very "enchanting". So how did you like the movie? We love it. I actually just watched it again this morning. Hunter just loves it. So it's an almost daily movie for us.
ReplyDeleteWe do this all the time. Since Paul works at Best Buy you could say we own everything, so we watch them all the time. We call it "Movie Theater Time".
ReplyDeleteI love the cozy bed. And I am very jealous of the 6:30 bedtime!!
so fun! what a great idea! I love getting new movies! I still havent seen Enchanted but I really want to.
ReplyDeleteHow Fun! We love that movie!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun for the family! I bought that movie Enchanted too, it is a really cute movie and all those songs always get stuck in my head.
ReplyDelete