I don't know where or when William decided that girls are yucky--but he did. I knew that this would happen one day but I guess I didn't expect it quite so soon. Sometimes I'm included in "what girls can't do" and sometimes I'm exempt because I'm a mom.
In the last few weeks I was told that girls can't watch Transformers and that he and Rich couldn't share an apple with me because I'm a girl. Apparently girls can't eat apples either.
Sometimes his distaste for girls works in my favor though. He was in desperate need of a haircut. I told him that his hair was getting "like girl hair" and people would tell him "oh! what a cute little girl." He certainly didn't want that... so he allowed me to give him a haircut.
And then, a few weekends ago we went on a "family date"--first stop: McDonald's. (Or as William calls it "Old McDonald's".) William loves playing with the other kids that are there but this time there were girls. And not just any girls... kissing girls! These girls were probably 5 or 6 and were chasing all the boys around. We saw them corner William by our table, trying to kiss him, while he managed to fend them off (and their mom's looked on and said "don't kiss those boys!") But up in the tunnels it turns into Lord of the Flies with no parental supervision and one of the girls managed to kiss him on the cheek. As we got the boys into the car we asked him about it. He said that he didn't like girls to kiss him. Rich teased him by saying "I like mom to kiss me." William then conceded that it was okay for mom to kiss him... just not friends.
And, for now at least, I'm okay with being the only girl who can kiss those baby soft cheeks.

THis is your best post yet. That is hilarious. Thank goodness Parker hasn't given up on girls. He's largely outnumbered in his Sunbeam class. He may never be the kids of boy to give up on girls. He likes having his girlfriends. Although he tends to prefer to play with the boys.
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny. Thanks for sharing. I hope William still likes Olivia girls though.
ReplyDeleteKatie... there are about 13 kids in William's sunbeam class and over half are boys. And none of the girls live in Piedmont so we only ever see the boys.
ReplyDeleteAmy... I'm sure he'll still love Olivia. He is SO nice to his baby cousin, Anna.
sooo cute-glad you were given permission to kiss him...
ReplyDeleteI was probably one of those girls back in the day . . . actually, I know I was!
ReplyDeleteWell he can't help it! He is so stinkin' cute what girl wouldn't want to kiss him? That was a cute story
ReplyDeleteWe totally try to make Lainey think boys are yucky... we're horrible parents. Every time we see kissing on tv we loudly ooze out a few 'ew's to bring home the point.
ReplyDeleteWilliam is hilarious. I'll be a he-man woman hater with him, if girls are allowed to be woman haters!
I wouldnt want strange girls to kiss me, either...but that is just me.
ReplyDeleteWilliam seems like quite the character. Keep on posting stories like this, it makes me excited to have a son!
Well Austin has a fiance'! he defiantly has no problem with girls or cooties. But he also has a little sister so that probally helps a little.
ReplyDeleteBut that is so cute. You so need to find him the new "little Rascalls" movie with Reba in it. he would probally love it
too cute. Way to use his girl hating skills to your favor.
ReplyDeleteYour post reminds me of my new favorite movie - Little Manhattan. It's about a 11 year old boy who falls in love with this girl who has been in his class since kindergarten. It's rated PG and VERY cute. Rent it if you haven't seen it.
ReplyDeleteby the way..I made your farfalle with tomato recipe tonight and we loved it! Thanks for a great recipe!
ReplyDeleteI think that is hilarious! Im sure Jackson will one day think the same way too.
ReplyDeleteand I have to say that Little Rascals is one of my all time favorites.
That is great!! Kids are so classic. But that movie definitely tops all other movies. Love it!! I'm sure Hunter is going to hit that stage at some point. But right now he likes kissing girls because of Ratatouile (sp?).
ReplyDelete