This past Friday our friend Melissa invited us to join them at the zoo. Her boys are around the same age as mine so it's always fun to hang out with them. William and Josh had a blast! (And James and Jacob were surprisingly content in the strollers.) It was a perfect day to walk around the zoo--aside from the fact that every school in Oklahoma decided to take a fieldtrip there that day!
We saw baby lions being cute, a badger putting on a show, bears swimming, sealions showing off, meerkats looking for trouble overhead, and bats flying in the dark. William said his favorite animals were the elephants, lions and cougar (I told you I was brainwashing him!). James seemed to love the sealions. We also played on the playground and ride the carosel (thanks Melissa!).
And, as if the zoo wasn't enough, William and I made some floating friends to play with. Although he enjoyed putting them together (except for one rather unfortunate hot glue incident) he love playing with them more! What kid wouldn't?! When I came to check on him he was soaked--as was the rest of the bathroom!
So between zoo visits and floating green frogs we've kept ourselves rather busy. I wonder what animal adventures we'll have next!
And, as if the zoo wasn't enough, William and I made some floating friends to play with. Although he enjoyed putting them together (except for one rather unfortunate hot glue incident) he love playing with them more! What kid wouldn't?! When I came to check on him he was soaked--as was the rest of the bathroom!
So between zoo visits and floating green frogs we've kept ourselves rather busy. I wonder what animal adventures we'll have next!

Going to the zoo is so much more fun when it isn't too hot. Glad you had fun. I just went through my magazines yesterday and tore out that idea for the floating animals. I think Olivia would love to do that sometime.
ReplyDeleteThe zoo is the best, we had a pass to the one is Seattle and went all the time.
ReplyDeleteYour floating animals are so cute! I'm going to have to make those with Jaden, he'd love them.
More fun for the Crane boys. You're so good at these things.
ReplyDeleteI love the floating animal idea! Smarty.
ReplyDeleteThe pic of William going down the slide is classic!
Thats true, Skyline is such a memory of high school! Remember hiking to the swinging rope?! And Laura Green fell off it one time... Scary stuff!
ReplyDeletein response to your question, no. I saw her in PA about 18 months ago. She lives in State College. I haven't talked to her since and I dont have a current email address.
ReplyDeleteJust send william right over, the more the merrier right? Dylan really is a good teacher!
ReplyDeleteJeanine, you continue to amaze me. What fun times with your boys! I can't wait to try these ideas with Sammy. And, we're taking our 2nd graders to the zoo next Weds. - so don't make any plans to come to Utah and visit the zoo that day. :-)
ReplyDeleteI just read the new quotes (have they been there awhile?) and the fourth one down is hilarious!!! What a crack-up.
ReplyDeleteThat's too bad about Natalie... MAybe she'll come around and get a blog like everyone else these days! Very cute zoo pics, by the way!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day and creative things to do! I think I need mom lessons from YOU!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have a nice zoo close by to visit. William is at the perfect age to enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteThose floaties look FUN! We'll have to try them, too. Love the zoo.
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record, there is NOTHING wrong with a little dinner table indoctrination, which is our nice way to say we are TOTALLY brainwashing our kids to thinking BYU = Happiest place on earth.
I'm with heath...I just read the new quotes too and I think they're hilarious! And...Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys are doing something fun today to celebrate :)
ReplyDeleteWe are so making the floating animals! Great pics at the zoo.
ReplyDeleteYou always have the cutest craft things to do with your boys!
ReplyDeleteLooks like FUN! I was just at the zoo last week too!!
ReplyDeleteSO FUN! We just made a trip to the zoo also. It's so fun to see the kids reactions isn't it?!
ReplyDelete