Saturday, November 15, 2008

William

Yesterday William told me, "It's hard being a 3-year-old." Well, today is his birthday... I guess it's a good thing he's not three anymore! I really can't believe I have a 4-year-old!!! William is such a fun boy to have around. Here are four reasons why:
*He loves to help. Whether it's making waffles and cookies or doing the laundry or emptying the silverware he's always a good helper.

*He likes to do the right thing. When I'm in the other room William makes sure that James doesn't get into any trouble (which James loves to do). I don't have to worry about leaving them in the room by themselves because William will make sure they don't get into too much trouble.

*He's polite. He's always sure to say "please" and "thank you."

*He's sweet and complimentary. Not only does he love to give great hugs to all of us but he often tells me how beautiful I am. You can't get better than that. (I think he's learned from his dad.)

There are a million other things that are endearing about William... but I have presents to wrap before he gets home!


Happy Birthday William!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday William. He really is a great kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday William! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your biggest baby! So cute! I can't believe you've been married long enough to have a 4 yr old. How long have your been married? I think your son is so wonderful because he has a great mother. I hope I can be like you! Happiness on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leanna... you're too nice. We've been married 5 1/2 years. Crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday William. What a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, that is so sweet! Happy Birthday William! I love how he tells you that you're beautiful. You can't beat that. Derek has been telling me that everything is cute lately... like my shoes, or necklace... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was reading your William-isms. Parker always asks "What today is it?" too. It's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "It's hard being 3." Ha! I love it. Glad he's gotten through such a difficult age (and I mean that with all my heart--it's hard to understand why things are the way they are when you're little).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday William! Wow- I can't believe he's four either...what a great age. I can't wait to read about more of his adventures...when are you coming to vegas? it would be so fun to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy has been singing Happy Birthday to William all week! (and when she finishes, she likes to watch 'a William movie' - either the one you just posted with the liquids or the Nauvoo footage we have of those two playing with a cat.)

    ReplyDelete