Saturday, February 21, 2009

texas getaway

This past week, Rich and I were able to get away for a few days. Rich had a work conference in Dallas so I tagged along. (Rich's parents were nice enough to watch the kids!) We stayed in the nicest hotel!We walked around so much that we were sore by the end of two days! I didn't think I was that out of shape! They had little train tracks all over the place, a river walk, waterfalls, and all sorts of fun things.

Rich had to work a booth... so I helped him "pretty it up" a bit.

And next to his booth was the Express Clydesdale's booth. Everyone wanted to get a picture with this beautiful horse! (All night I kept waiting for it to make a mess on the floor... but it never did. Nice!)
Roy Williams (Dallas Cowboys safety and former player at OU) was there signing autographs as well.Let me tell you--he was the nicest guy! Rich was super excited and got autographs for himself, the boys, and a few others.

Mike Huckabee spoke at the prayer breakfast on Thursday morning. It was a great speech. Rich had to help with the book signing afterward so I got to meet him.
Thursday night was the big concert... Leann Rimes got sick so Jessica Simpson performed. I've never been a big fan of hers, but she wasn't too bad live. And her band was great!


In addition to all that fun stuff, I got to relax while Rich worked. I took a nap, labeled some pictures, read a book, and wandered around the hotel. It was very nice! Plus I got to take advantage of all the great food that they served! Rich and I were able to escape to the outlet mall nearby and Ikea on the way home. (Ikea = lots of walking = even more soreness!)

The boys didn't seem to miss us at all... when we walked in they just kind of looked at us and went back to what they were doing. At least we know they'll be okay when the baby is born!

21 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great trip. Business trips are great because you always get to stay in a nice hotel. So many famous people AND a concert. What a great conference. Jeff and I were wondering, does Express get more or less busy during an economic crisis like this? How fun to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. And that is definitely a beautiful looking horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to get away alone together. You look so cute prego!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Ikea! we are supposed to be getting one soon out here in CO. we will see with the way the economy is... How fun for you 2 to get away for a while without kids. Im sure it was much needed, expecially being preggo!

    Do you know what you are having yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, Express probably gets more people wanting the temp jobs but it all depends if they have clients who want the temp workers. So it goes both ways.

    Heidi, we're having another boy! I'm really getting outnumbered here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So...did you tell Mike Huckabee that you were a staunch Mormon who supported (I am assuming) Mitt Romney in the '08 primaries? That would be AWESOME if you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ron, ha! No but I DID joke with Rich about it. In the speech, Huckabee said that all these people come up to him and say, "I voted for you." Then he realized that more people had told him "I voted for you" than actual votes he recieved. So I told Rich I was going to say, "I didn't vote for you... I voted for Romney."

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is a lovely hotel. Looks like a much nicer part of Dallas than we usually frequented. Glad you had a good time and got to meet so many celebrities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like you guys had a great time. I am so behind I didn't even know you were expecting! Congratulation! I haven't been so good at bloggin since Luke came. It's all I can do to get spare moments for laundry sometimes! Glad ya'll are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO cool! Sometimes I wish Tyler had to go out of town on business just so I could find a way to tag along. That looks like an awesome getaway!

    BTW, you look adorable all pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a fabulous get away! Thats great you guys were able to go without the boys and I would love to just relax like you did! You look good too, with your little prego belly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun getaway!! Every pregnant mom needs one - especially a pregnant mom of two boys! Love the pictures - you are so cute, Jeanine!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy, yes James is eating the playdough. He thought it tasted gross but kept trying to eat it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how great! I am soo so happy you got away for a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun getaway with your husband. You look so good for being over halfway through your pregnancy Jeanine! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! How fantastic!!! That must be nice to have a few days with just you two. Can't imagine what that must feel like with two children and one on the way. By the way...you are adorable pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so glad you had such a GREAT time! It is nice to get away for a day or two! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sounds like so much fun! And you look very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man- you guys are the luckiest ever! I'm glad you got a chance to getaway at least. How fun. What a great conference too- and Jessica Simpson- wow- the luckiest ever! You look great Jeanine! You can still barely tell you are even pregnant! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How FUN!! I'm really jealous! Especially about the whole relaxing part while your hubby worked... nice!

    ReplyDelete