Friday, as we loaded in the car for our weekly shopping trip, William remarked, "It's a nice day today." Now, those weren't exactly my thoughts as I stood shivering on that 46-degree-no-sun-to-be-seen day. "No it's not, it's freezing," I replied as I buckled James into his seat. As we started to drive William expounded on all the reasons why it was indeed a nice day. "There's no tornadoes or rain or dark clouds. No trash cans falled. Houses didn't fall down." Well, when you look at it like that, I suppose it really was a nice day.
Kids, so often, help us to see a new perspective. It's so easy to point out all the unpleasantries--the slightly chilly weather, the overcast sky--that we often miss the good things (or lack of bad things). It reminded me again of President Hinckley's talk on optimism where he reminds us to "stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we “accentuate the positive.”'
So that's my goal this week... to accentuate the positive and find those moments of sunshine throughout my day.

Cute....if its a nice day there, its an EXCELLENT day here in Ca!
ReplyDeletethanks for that. I will be doing the same! What a great little boy you have!
ReplyDeleteKids are always so optimistic!
ReplyDeleteWhat a good example William is! We love you all and miss you!
ReplyDelete46 degrees!! Wow! William is right. It was a nice day. Wish we had that kind of weather.
ReplyDeleteI love that! Thanks for sharing William's optimism!! I hope I can remember that this week too!!
ReplyDeleteOh that's so sweet how even the youngest children and remind us of such important things in life.
ReplyDeleteToo often we need little reminders like these. William is such a sweet boy..I really do like him.
ReplyDeleteWell said. I agree, kids really do just simplify things for us sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI woke up today to MORE spring snow. I think we've gotten more spring snow than winter snow... William, I will try harder to accentuate the positive, too!
ReplyDeleteWish that childlike optimism perpetuated throughout my adult life!
ReplyDeleteWHERE ARE YOUR BRACKETS?!
ReplyDeleteThat's a good goal, I think I'll copy it :)
ReplyDeleteThank you William! I am reading that talk...I needed that!
ReplyDeleteGotta love sweet little boys! I wish they had more sweet moments sometimes when they are grumpy and mean, but I'll tell Josh to follow William's example. How cute!
ReplyDelete