Since the births of William and James both ended in emergency c-sections (and James' a really scary one at that) we decided to forgo that excitement and had a planned c-section this time around. Rich and I arrived at the hospital bright and early Monday morning to get all prepped for the surgery. By 8:10 am we had our third beautiful baby boy. I was so surprised at how much hair he had and that he was so tiny! (Over a pound lighter than the other two!) He had a little bit of trouble breathing at first and had some fluid in his lungs (he was retaining CO2--not uncommon for c-section babies) so they kept an eye on him and eventually sent him off to the NICU. (As my doctor said, "Everyone in this family wants to be exciting!") Rich, Alex, and I stayed in the hospital until Friday morning. We were so ready to go home. So there are the details you've been dying to hear... I guess there just aren't too many with a planned c-section.
Alexander is such a sweet baby. He is very alert and smiley--one of these days I'll be quick enough to capture his smile in a picture! The boys just love having a little baby around but are still adjusting as well. They are such good helpers. My mom has been here for the past week which has been extra nice.
And I'll leave you with a short little video of the newest addition...

So cute Jeanine! I'm glad to hear that the c-sections get easier. I imagine everything is easier the 2nd, 3rd time around...at least I hope. Although...I think you are amazing to now care for 3 beautiful boys! Hope you recover well and enjoy every moment! Take care!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jeanine! Our internet has been down so I missed the exciting news. He is adorable! Glad things are going good. Keep the pictures coming.
ReplyDeleteHe is so alert! And so tiny!
ReplyDeleteThat video was the cutest!! He is so alert and tiny! I miss tiny babies. Mine were never that tiny! Congrats! Glad everyone is doing well and adjusting smoothly.
ReplyDeleteHe is so so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! He is adorable! I can't belive how alert he is, he seems older than a week old!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the details! I'm really glad you guys got to come home on Friday and not stay the whole week. And I can't believe Rich stayed with you the WHOLE time! Sheesh! Brandon stayed one night with Josh and then never again. Couldn't stand the sleeper couch thingy and all the disruptions in the night. Way to go Rich. With Jacob, we were across the hall from the nursery so we kept hearing the beeps from the door being opened all night long, I brought ear plugs, so I slept great! He sure is a sweetheart! I love him already- so so cute!
ReplyDeleteHe looks great. He is definitely alert! I am glad things went okay with the delivery too.
ReplyDeletesuch a sweetie! Now you need a little girl ;)
ReplyDeleteHe is so handsome! Glad to hear it went well and you are all home safe and sound! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute--tons of congratulations!
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet baby. I can't believe I already have a little itch to have another little baby. I love those sweet little arms moving around with no control. they're just too precious. congratulations. you'll have to let me know how 3 kids goes.
ReplyDeleteYeah for little babies! Congratulations on your new addition - he's adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love it! What a sweet sweet baby...you really do have the cutest boys.
ReplyDeleteThose are my kind of details. The recovery is a little harder but it makes for a great delievery. I am so happy everything went so smoothly. Congrats he is darling. I hope all is well and that you are getting some rest.
ReplyDeleteRandom but the word verification was MOMERS. How appropriate for this post.
ReplyDelete