Never leave a 3-year-old alone with an ink pad--even for a minute!
Yesterday we pulled out the stamping stuff for a late afternoon distraction. I explained the rules and then left the room to check on something. When I came back, no more than 5 minutes later, I found James covered in orange ink. Lovely. I really should have known better. Especially since this is the first time I've pulled the stamps out with James. Lesson learned.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love this. My two year old looks like that every time I pull out stamps, markers, paint, pretty much anything that could make her messy. You think we would learn not to leave them alone.
ReplyDeleteWow. That is impressive.
ReplyDeletethat kid is awesome!!! I thought your post was going to be this:
ReplyDelete"Lesson of the Day: Don't even attempt to play against the Lakers". :) Love you sister!
Wow! Hopefully most of the ink stayed on him and not on your furniture!
ReplyDeleteJake would have done the same thing, so no worries. At least it wasn't black permanent ink and he got it all over the house or couch like Jake did. We sure love our boys too much to not let events like this be the "final straw"!
ReplyDeleteditto to what heath said. And when he's the next monet you can pull this picture out :)
ReplyDeleteI have to laugh, only because I just had a similar experience with Rainer. As soon as I get photos uploaded, I'll post what I wrote.
ReplyDeletehe is just trying to look like spider man!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I seriously can't stop laughing! Thank you for sharing. You totally brightenend up my day. Did it come off?
ReplyDeleteElise... you're hilarious.
ReplyDeleteThankfully I found him still sitting at the table so no furniture was damaged. There was only a little on the kitchen table. He wanted to take a bath so after scrubbing a little and letting him soak in the bath for 30 minutes it all came off :)
oh my... that's funny
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy boy!
ReplyDeleteYour boys remind me of my kids! So I emailed Aimee acirucci@knex.com and gave her my blog address and email. She emailed me back and let me know what she was going to send me and asked for my address. You should email her, you would love it
ReplyDeleteI left my ink pad withing Ben's reach when he was about 2 years old. He got some on him and some on my craft table and a lot on the wall Which I still can't get off. We will have to paint over.
ReplyDeleteThis is why I haven't scrapbooked in so long. I'm afraid I wont get everything cleaned up before my little monster wakes up from his nap. That was too funny.
ReplyDeleteSo can you help me with my button problem or was it Amy that made the scroll box for Serving Pink Lemonade?