Monday, October 4, 2010

Our weekend

We had a wonderful weekend... full of:


(I wish I had managed to get a picture of the boys using their "I-spy-the-prophet" spyglasses.  Priceless.  But wasn't Conference so great?  Loved it all.)

Games


(A church here in town was having a "Free Sale."  What's a free sale?  It's like a garage sale--only everything is free.  It was great!  One of my favorite finds was this practically new Twister.  Hours of enjoyment just waiting to happen.)

Playing Outside,

Alex and William poking at a few grasshoppers.





(In between sessions of Conference I tried to get the boys outside and move around so they'd be quite during the session.  Didn't work out quite like I'd hoped... but we had fun outdoors--in the perfect weather--anyway.)

And to make the weekend even more special we had a visitor to our house.  Meet Wags.


Wags is the "class pet" from William's Kindergarten class.  Every night he goes home with someone and they get to write what they did with Wags in his journal.  William was extra lucky that he got to have Wags for the entire weekend.  James really loved to hug Wags... it was really sweet.  While Rich went to Priesthood Session of Conference we had a little movie party.  We watched "All Dogs Go To Heaven" (another free sale find) in honor of our special guest.



We didn't go anywhere out of the ordinary or do anything spectacular but I love when I get the chance to do little fun things like this with my boys.   It makes the frustrating moments worth it.

What did you do this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. what a lovely post. i love the adventures you have with your boys. conference was great here in utah. we watched it on the tv...which i am still not used too...but definitely much easier to enjoy conference with azaleia having her normal roaming grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! The Wags thing is great! I loved bring home the class "pet" as a kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the basket you had with activities for conference. It looks like you are having nice weather outside. Glad you enjoyed such a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the purple blanket! Ha! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS the purple blanket! It's my boys' favorite one to snuggle up in... funny huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Wags! Josh had a pet like that- I can't remember the bears name- but I thought it was the cutest idea. Then I got depressed when I read the journal and found entries like- "Went to grandmas house until 9:30 when mom finally got home from work and picked us up- then we went to bed" oh crazy. Fun ideas for conference! We were almost successful in getting the boys stay still as well- it sure is a tough job!

    ReplyDelete