Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What a weekend!

This past weekend Rich took off for Texas to run a marathon--actually a marathon to Marathon--with one of his old roommates, Darin.  {Why didn't we join him?  Because it was a 10 hour drive one way... no thanks.}  This meant I had a few days to fill with fun activities that doubled in wearing these boys out.  Friday evening we attended the Fall Carnival at the elementary school.  We met up with William's best buddy, Colt, and spent the evening wandering around the school with him.  The boys had a blast.

They loved all the bounce houses.  {Who doesn't?  I kind of wish I could have joined them.}



The games were great too.



William loved seeing all of his friends.  James thought he was a really big kid.  And Alexander enjoyed the live music {as exhibited by his clapping and head bobbing every time he heard it.}



After our chores were done on Saturday we made newspaper ghosts,




pumpkin oreo truffles,



and then ended the day running around at the park.






 


By Saturday night we were all exhausted... but no one more so than Rich.

8 comments:

  1. FUN!! I swear you have the best holiday treats! I think we will try those... can you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? I thought Rich said he wasn't going to run anymore marathons....well, I guess we'll just have to start training for that ST. George marathon and then he'll have to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm may I please get your pumpkin orea truffles recipe? That looks like something I need right away. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi and Angie... I'm glad that you said something! I totally meant to link the recipe and forgot. So now it's linked. It's really pretty simple--except for the dipping part. I HATE dipping stuff! It never turns out as pretty as I want it.

    Elise, yes Rich said he'd never run another marathon. And he says that now. But give him a few years and I bet he'd jump at the chance to run the St. George with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stealing your pumpkin truffles idea. We love oreo truffles here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like the boys had a blast at all of your activities.

    Good job, Rich, for running another marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure know how to keep your boys busy! That all sounds like so much fun! What cute ideas for halloween too- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a good mom. I just rent a movie and veg with the kids when Ed's gone. Your kids are getting so big. Funny how your kids are into silly bands. My kids are crazy about them also. And good job for Rich doing a marathon!! I am going to do my first 5k on Thanksgiving morning. That sounds like nothing, I know, but I hope I can do it.

    ReplyDelete