Friday, April 29, 2011

I've mentioned that we've been trying to get our house more "sell-able" in hopes that we can move before baby #4 arrives.  In the event that we don't move, I'm trying to make our house a little more "live-able".  After painting and re-carpeting I finally decided to finish a project I've been thinking about doing for the past 6 months.

When we bought our couches (6 years ago) I wasn't a fan of the throw pillows that came with it but I told myself, "I can always re-cover them."  But have I done that?  No.  Of course not.  I've lived with their ugliness for all these years.  This is the "before."


I finally decided on some fabric I liked, made myself a pattern (with some tips from Amy), and made myself some envelope covers for my pillows.

Here is the "after" (with new carpet and paint too).



And a close up.


I love them!  I'm so glad that I finally made them!  I wish I had done it years ago!

6 comments:

  1. those are GREAT! I would love to make some new covers for ours. You have inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out of town. You made those! I LOVE the fabric. SO fun and the blue really pops on your couch. Nice work Jeanine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out great! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when I put off simple inexpensive things and wonder why I didn't do it years ago. Looks like you did a great job. Enjoy them!

    Good luck on the sale of your home. Keeping a house show-ready with three little boys is exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I am the same way. Now I am just going to have to move it up on my projects list cuz yours turned out so cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete